16 ➸ bunnies

➸

Nora was sitting in her room playing a game, not bothering to change out of her pajamas. She was starting to get overly frustrated about a boss that wouldn't die, she has tried about 37 times to beat him. Maggie was out and about in the community, and Glenn was somewhere.

It's been about two months since the walls broke down in Alexandria, and everything is starting to get back to normal. Almost.

Nora was too focused on the game that she was playing, that she didn't even notice Bailey coming into her room. Nora stood up from her chair, jumping up every time the bosses health bar decreased.

"Die," Nora shouted, while shooting the boss that was very close to being dead.

"Die sucker die!"

The boss was finally defeated, and Nora fell on her bed with relief. Bailey stood there with a looked that showed that she was terrified. She has never seen that side of Nora before, we'll never actually.

"Aren't we a ray of sunshine this morning."

Nora literally jumped up and fell off her bed. Bailey walked around the corner, and laughed. She couldn't help it, her best friend was rubbing the spot where she hit her head.

"Bailey," whined Nora, "you can't just sneak up on people like that."

"Get dressed. We're going on a walk."

Nora was talking to Bailey about some random thing. She has a list that she wanted to give to Mr. Rick before he left on the run he was going on.

As she was walking past the gate, she saw Mr. Rick getting ready to leave. Nora bolted down to the gate with the list of things that she wanted them to get for her.

"Mr. Rick!"

Nora reached the gate, putting her hands on her knees catching her breath. After a minute of catching her breath, she straightened her composure.

"Hi, Mr. Rick."

"Nora, how many times do I have to tell you that it's okay to call me Rick?"

"As many times as needed, Mr– I mean Rick."

The two of the laughed. Nora couldn't help but to call him Mr. Rick, it was a habit that she picked up on. As the old saying goes, "always respect your elders".

"I was just wondering if you could get these few things for me while you're out there."

Nora handed Rick the list of things that she really wanted, like mango seeds to grow mangos. She didn't want them to go out of their way to get it, but if they happened to see it.

"I don't want you to go out of your way, but if you happened to pass by it."

"Sure, Nora."

Rick patted her head before making his way to the car. Nora stood a little behind,  so she could watch them go off.

"Hey, Nora, do me a favor and go see Carl. He's been asking to see you."

Nora smiled, "okay, Mr– I mean Rick."

Nora was in the woods with Enid and Carl, just exploring what's around here. Nora was ignoring everything that was going on in front of her, and admiring the woods that were around her. Causing her to bump into something, well someone to be exact. Before she hit the ground, the person grabbed her hand.

She looked up at the person, and a blush started appear on her cheeks. Nora gripped Carl's hand before getting up, and rubbed her head. She needs to stop hitting her head, before she forgets something. 

"Are you okay?"

Nora replied while stuttering, and the blush was getting redder by the minute. "Y-yeah, thank you."

They continued to walk, while holding hands. It was just a small gesture, and it caused her to become all flustered. Like that one time before the walkers came.

Enid was walking ahead of them, trying to figure out what the balloon said. She was quiet the whole time that they were out here, or Nora wasn't paying attention.

After awhile, all three of them took a break by a tree log, eating chips and reading comic books. Nora wasn't paying attention to the two of them conversing between, and read her book.

"Nora?"

Nora looked at Enid with a questioning look, "hm?"

"Are you coming?"

Nora looked to where she was standing, and shook her head no. She was too tired to keep going, and she was okay right where she was.

"No, I'll stay here."

With that the two of them left Nora by the tree log, reading her book. Leaves were heard crunching a few seconds after they left, but Nora brushed it off. Until, soft fur was felt against her shoe.

Nora looked down by her show, and it was a grey bunny curled up against her red shoe. She set her book aside, and picked up the baby bunny.

"What are you doing out here all alone? I'll take you to Denise to make sure you're okay."

She got a piece of paper from her pocket, and wrote a note saying she was going back to Alexandria. She held the bunny close to her while walking back towards to home.

The bunny was clear for Nora to keep until he was old enough to survive in his own. Nora was heading to go see Maggie, to make sure it was okay for her to keep it.

Bailey ran up towards Nora without her knowing, and was about to scare her. That was until Nora turned around with a small smile.

"Bailey look! I got a bunny today."

"It's looks kinda– cute."

Nora leaned on Bailey, and looked towards the gate. Bailey put her hand on top of Nora's to pet the bunny. As Nora looked at the gate, and her smile slowly started to fade.

"Uncle Isaiah?"

"Uncle Isaiah?"

Finally finished! It took me awhile to write this, and I hope it will go to your liking. The bunnies name is Mr. Fluffy, or Glenn Jr, in appreciation of Glenn. Happy Everyone! I hope you all have a good one if you celebrate it!

Dedications: -niinii trippinmendes FallonLedger bitcherine -VoidMikaelson-