》Chapter 7《

[Timeskip: About a week from episode eleven.]

"Cathhhh. I'm bored."

Alessandra still had a few more days until she went to school so she tried to occupy herself by going online, starting to move her furniture around, chatting with Beatrice or her parents, and other stuff.

But now, it's a lazy Thursday and she's got nothing else to do except bug her sister.

And by bug her, we mean Alessandra calling her while she's out.

Catherine went over to the Louvre to talk to her new boss and see when she could start and talk about all the job info and many other things that would bore Alessandra.

"Why don't you go walk around?" Cath suggests.

"You would really let me go out?"

"Sure. Just as long as you don't go to far from the house and that your phone is always on."

"Oh my GOSH. Ummm, okay! I will!" Alessandra says, excited that she could leave the cramped house, "Uh...Bye Cath!"

She hangs up and rushes to get dressed. She throws on her favourite pastel orange jacket over a black polka-dot romper with silver tights. Alessandra runs out the door while trying to put on her brown military boots on. This causes her to trip over her feet and she falls down on her butt.

Alessandra laughs to herself, knowing that her rushing always makes her clumsy. She just gets up, dusts herself off and starts her adventure.

***********

To say Alessandra was lost was an understatement.

She was as lost as anyone can get.

In the hour she's been out of the house, she passed the school at least five times and bumped into ten different people. They all would look at her in annoyance and (possibly) curse in their French tougue. (Which Alessandra wasn't familiar with. English was her main language. She knew a few fragments of Italian and Spanish though.)

After what seemed like hours of walking, she decides to go to the park and just embrace nature.

When she arrives, she immediately notices something odd about the place.

It was quiet, peaceful and calm.

A little too quiet, peaceful and calm.

Alessandra looks around to see that there's no people in sight. Not even an people walking their dogs. It's just her and nature.

And that was odd.

Back in Saint-Quentin, people would be swarming the park on a warm day like today. Kids would be begging their parents to go play in the sandbox or to the splash pad nearby.

Maybe people here don't like parks as much...

Alessandra shakes that thought out of her head. Of course people like parks. It was where you can escape reality and just take in what Mother Earth has to offer. She found it very peculiar that no one, not one living soul was at the park.

Confused, she decides to leave the park and investigate why they're isn't a lot of people on the streets.

Alessandra walks around the almost abandoned streets, looking for any signs of life. She suddenly sees a group of people huddled in a small pizza place. She goes to open the door but a man immediately shuts it and prevents her from opening it.

She frowns, "Hey! What gives?"

The man points to something behind her with a shaky finger. Nervous, she slowly turns around to see something in the distance.