§ Chapter ThirtySix §

~...that ain't my girl, that's my nigga...~

~ Two days later ~

"I say this a lot at my shows," I spoke into the mic.

Tonight, we were in Lexington for my second concert since I've been on my music break.

By we, I meant almost everyone: Eric, Harley, Swan, Lexx, my DJ--J-Louis, Stephanie, Naomi and the rest of my stage team.

The support was definitely needed. Them being at my show was helping me ease back into the spotlight better.

"Uh, the very first time I stopped making music was because I had a basically brand new baby. Shout out to my daughter Harley, man. She's my everything. Then I began to give this shit another try, but I didn't really believe in myself...that I'd be here. People were telling me that I was wasting my time and that I was going to be a one hit wonder. At the time, I thought they were right. Then one of my best friends told me that all it takes is one--one song to change your life man. Every artist starts somewhere. They all had one song or album that started their fan base and put them on the map. Jay-Z had Reasonable Doubt, Wayne had Tha Block Is Hot, and as for me...this one just happens to be mine," I smirked," Lou drop that."

The beat for Don't began to play and the crowd went crazy.

"Don't, don't play with her, don't be dishonest."

I never really had to sing at all when this song played. This was one of those hits that everyone at my shows knew the words to.

"--aye, I'm back and I'm better," I sang to the beat as I glided across the stage," I want you bad as ever. Don't let me just let up."

The audience was screaming out the lyrics so loud that there seemed to be no use for the ear piece I had in.

I walked over to the edge of the stage and reached down and grabbed a thick, short, curly-haired girl's hand," I am on a whole nother level..."

The girl cried out my name as she squeezed my hand tightly," I love you so much, Bryson!"

I smiled at her and continued to sing,"...lately you say he's been killing the vibe--gotta be sick of this guy--Pull up! Skrrt!"

I walked to the other side of the stage to interact with some more fans.

On my way over, I got hit with a small black packet. I stopped singing the words to pick it up. All you could hear was the instrumental and the fans' cheers.

Once I grabbed it, I examined it and noticed someone threw me a Trojan Man condom.

"Whoa now. Wait a minute. J-Lou, cut the beat real quick," I laughed holding it up in the air.

The DJ stopped the music to let me speak to the audience.

"Who did this?" I laughed into the microphone as if someone was going to really admit to doing it," Who threw this at me?"

The audience laughed and cheered. I even overheard someone near yell out at me to 'put it on, Zaddy'.