TWO

TWO [rewritten]

          I was woken up from Suzu's couch by a pillow smacking my face. Cursing quietly, I peeked my eyes open to see Suzu practically beat me with her pillow and Naomi yelling in protest. Rubbing my eyes I snatched the pillow from Suzu's hands and set it under my butt before hesitantly getting up. Suzu patted my butt. "Get ready, we're heading over to Anderson's place!"

          "Mm.. Okay." I yawned loudly, bending down to grab my duffel bag. Suzu and I snuck into my house last night and grabbed some more things. Of course, Vincent was there but we managed to undergo our mission in total stealth. He hasn't even tried to contact me or get me out of school. He was probably just trying to get me out of the house so he could have it all to himself. Asshole.

          I pulled out a nice floral blouse and ripped jeans, getting all ready in the bathroom. Brushing my hair, I checked my phone and answered most of my texts and read some emails. Once I was finished, I walked back out to Suzu and Naomi, slid my boots on and followed them out the door.

          Mika's house was a lot... bigger than I thought. But I wasn't complaining. It was really nice on the outside, too. Naomi pulled out her phone to call Mika. "Hello?"

          "Hey! Good morning!" she replied with a grin. I leaned into the receiver and said, "They dragged me out of bed and I just want to go to sleep."

          "Guuuuuuess who's at your door RIGHT NOW?!" Suzu yelled, knocking on the door like a maniac.

          It took a few seconds before the door finally opened, and...

          "You're not Mika," I said, staring at some black-haired guy with really blue eyes.

          "Uhh... H-Hi?"

          We all blinked at each other and I saw Mika in the distance, eyes wide and cheeks flushed. Just when we thought we were confused enough, four more guys gathered near the door. One with red hair, another with black, one with brown, and one with orange hair. Am I dreaming I'm so confused my head hurts I wanna go back to sleep.

          All these thoughts rushed in my mind like a big run-on sentence. Youch. Another black-haired guy who donned glasses stepped forward with a hand on Mika's shoulder. "We must apologize, ladies. We know this situation must be confusing for everyone. Let's take this to the dining room and we'll explain everything."

          They led us to the dining room and there was an amazing spread waiting on the table. And goddammit I was ready to FEAST.

          As the four of us ate, the five men watched us. The same glasses guy spoke for Mika again when Suzu asked about all this. "We're Miss Anderson's house servants. We were hired by her late grandfather to help around the mansion, but since he has passed, we now assist Miss Anderson with living on her own... We're very sure that Miss Anderson is also still getting used to having us as her servants. It would be very hard to explain after just a day."

          "I get it," I smiled over at Mika. "I hope everything gets better."

          "It will be once you move in," she grins back at me, and I look at her with the most excited look but kept my mouth shut from screaming this early in the morning. After eating more breakfast, the redhead had a question for us. "So, if I may ask, what brings you three ladies here?"

          Naomi smiled. "Well, we wanted to see how Mika was doing. Since it's the weekend and all, usually we hang out and just chill."

          "Yeah! Like going to the arcade and stuff."