THIRTEEN

THIRTEEN

          With the first rays of sun blaring through the windows, I stirred slightly, keeping my eyes clamped shut as to not subject them to the harsh light. I stretched my arms out, brushing them against a warm body. Oh yeah I forgot, Sam slept here.

          Oh fuck Sam slept here.

          I forced my eyes open, looking around my room desperately for any indication of the time. As my eyes darted over to the big clock on my wall, I squinted unnecessarily at the hands, trying to tell what time it was: five in the morning. I sighed in relief, realizing that amongst the craziness of last night I forgot to turn on my alarm.

          Looking around for my phone, I found it lying comfortably between my sheets and pillows. Turning on my phone and tapping around, I made sure to turn on my alarm and ringer before cuddling back into Sam.

          I couldn't tell if he was actually awake or still asleep because as soon as I fixed my body back into the crook I slept in, his arms slid around my body and brought me as close to his side as humanly possible. I smiled tiredly, keeping one arm at my side and the other on his chest, falling back asleep almost instantly. Thankfully, I dreamed of nothing this time around, sleeping comfortably and without having to deal with that nightmare ever again. And it was all thanks to Sam. Oh no, I think I'm catching feelings.

          When I opened my eyes for the second time I noticed something was different from the first. I stared up into Sam's eyes, taking in his freshly disheveled features. Goddamn how the hell does this man look so fucking good after waking up? I prolly look greasy as fuck.

          "Morning, Sam," I greeted groggily, patting his chest with my hand, "how'd you sleep?"

          "Fine," he replied raspily, looking around my face before locking eyes with me and smirking. He took the hand that was wrapped warmly around my shoulders and brought his hand up to my face. I tilted my head at him in confusion until he dragged his thumb and forefinger across the corners of my mouth. "What about you, drool face?"

          Damn that's embarrassing.

          I swatted his hand away, nestling my head into his neck with red cheeks. "I slept pretty well. What time is it?"

          "Six on the dot."

          "Hell yeah," I cheered lazily, "I'm sleeping some more."

          "Well I gotta get up," Sam sighed, starting to shift away from me. "Someone's gotta make breakfast for your ass."

          I groaned, pulling him back to his spot next to me and bitching at him to stay. "Screw breakfast. You're staying here because I need the warmth."

          Even though I couldn't see him, I could feel him roll his eyes at my whining. "Do you know you're the most stubborn person I've ever met in my entire life?"

          "You bet your ass I do," I grinned into his neck as he stopped moving away from me. Mission complete.

          Before he could respond I heard the door swing open. Stiffening and pulling away from Sam's warm embrace, I noticed a certain redhead leaning against the doorframe with surprised eyes and a cocky smirk settled onto his face. I groaned, flopping back on the bed defeatedly, "Why can't you knock!?"

          "Get out," Sam growled, glaring at his brother as he still laid nonchalantly in my bed.

          Erik just laughed at our hostility, offering us a sly wink before turning his attention to Sam. "Damien said you'd be in here. He said that your thoughts about Noelle are so loud and they're driving him insane."