"You"

The smell of the ocean, the laugh of the children who are playing at the street, the ringing of the bells by an ice cream vendor and the cool wind I felt, while putting my left hand outside of the bus window. Oh how nice it is, to reminisce all the good memories I had, in this wonderful province.

It’s been 10 years since I left.

I let a big smile on my face while wondering what kind of a grown man did my old friend is.

Maybe, he is taller than me now. Did he get more handsome as time pass by? Did his voice changed a lot?

I can’t hide my excitement that I am feeling right now. Although I will never see his face literally, the fact that I will meet him today made my heart fluttered. A lot actually!

The bus stopped.

“Mom, are we getting off?” I asked my mom who is sitting beside of me.

“Yes dear. We are here at our hometown. Grab my hands and follow me,” she said in a calm tone.

I follow her, slowly, but surely. As I step my feet at the ground, I can sense from the sounds I am hearing right now, that there is someone who is walking toward us. Who is that person?

Is there a chance that he is… he is…

“Mingyu?” my mom asked.

Mi…Mingyu? Is it really Kim Mingyu?! Oh my gosh! My heart is pounding so loud!

“Yes Aunt, I am Mingyu – the little kid who was always staying at your house 10 years ago,” he replied with his very deep voice.

What am I gonna do? Is he looking at me right now? Do I look beautiful standing in front of him?! Gosh I don’t know what to say?! Although he is my very close friend before, I can’t think of any words to speak.

Instead, I swallow my saliva and said, while stuttering, the words, “ He…hello Mingyu.”

I waved my two hands as a sign of greeting, even though, I don’t know exactly where his direction could be.

“Hello Shane,” he replied.

Whether he smiled at me or not, I am sure that I am blushing right now.

“Oh Mingyu, you are very handsome! It’s been 10 years ago since I saw you. And now you are indeed grown as a real man,” my mother praised.

I am so curios about Mingyu’s looks. But the fact that I am a blind, made me afflicted.

“Thanks Aunt, but I am wondering why you look still the same as before,” Mingyu’s teased.

“Oh boy, you still teasing me with your unbelievable jokes. But I like that,” Mom laughed.

I also laughed along with them. But suddenly, I felt a warm hand holding my left hand. It is not my mom’s hand. Is it possible that it was Mingyu’s hand?

“Hey Shane,” he said, Oh? I think he is standing in front of me, about, 3 inches away?

“W…What?” I asked, curiously.

“I will give you a piggy back on the way to your old house. Are you okay with that?”

Am I okay with that? For about 20 seconds, I keep on asking myself about his suggestion. When we were 10 years younger, he always gave me a piggy back on the way to our house. But now that we are both adult, I don’t know what to say.

“Of course! Shane is okay with that. Right Shane?” my mom asked.

And before I could react by my mom’s decision, Mingyu suddenly put me in his back.