#24 "Clock"

When I went to my aunt's house, I saw a delicate Georgian, dingy medium sized clock hanging on the wall of their living room.

"Aunt, what is this scary looking clock? It's like a clock in a horror movie," I asked while looking at it.

From the kitchen, aunt went closer to explain. "Your uncle brought it, month ago. He said it was from his friend. But he will give it back today."

"Why?"

"I don't know. But when he brought it, we find it hard to sleep at night. We don't believe in stuff like that, but I'm really uneasy at that old clock."

"That sounds scary," I laughed, caressing my goosebumps.

"Yeah, a lot," she chuckled. "They said it's a wishing clock though."

"Wishing clock?" I asked.

"If you make a wish in front of the clock, it will make your wish come true. So I wished many times to this clock."

"What did you wish aunt?"

"To be rich."

We looked at each other and laughed out loud.

"It's not legit," Aunt added. "Your uncle said that the wish will only be fulfill when it is about love. Very funny."

Love?

"Oh wait. I'm gonna make a hot chocolate for you. Stay here," Aunt said and went back to the kitchen.

Love wishing clock huh.

If that's true, then should I try making a wish?

I walked closer to the clock, staring intently as I listen to the ticking sounds: ~tik tok tik tok.