SPECIAL CHAPTER

Once Upon A Dream...

   Damon Salvatore was sure he was in a dream, for it was sunny and he could smell the fresh scent of coffee and a good breakfast in the morning. He didn't drink coffee, and he certainly didn't eat bacon and eggs. Slowly, he sat up to look around the room. It wasn't his room. The room was white, the sheets were white, and there was an egg shaped stone on the dresser. Suddenly, he stood and sped to the dresser, grabbing the stone tightly between his hands and staring at it as it glistened with the sunlight that came through the window.

   He heard the sound of laughter coming from somewhere around him, and it made him confused. Slowly, he moved towards the open door of the bedroom and looked around the hallway. There were pictures, a table right at the end with a vase full of bright flowers and a few other pictures. He didn't mind that and instead moved the other way, the one that lead to stairs. With naked feet, he let them glide against the carpeted, causing friction when he touched the banister. He let out a soft hiss when electricity ran through his fingers and up his arm, making a face.

   And once again, laughter ran around him, followed by some cooing. Damon followed the noise down the stairs, and stopped at the final step. To his right was a living room, to his left was the front door and another room being the dining room. He went through the dining room, through a doorway with no door and found himself in the kitchen. There was a figure standing in front of the window, the sun making her appear dark and with a halo around her. She hummed, soft and in a gentle melody that made Damon just stared.

   "The sun's too bright this morning," she softly said, closing the blinds.

   "Fre..." Damon stopped himself and just stared at the figure as she closed the blinds, entranced that she was standing right in front of him. "Freya?"

   She turned around and smiled at him widely. "Good morning, baby," she lovingly said, walking over to him. She laid her hands on his cheeks and pulled him to her, laying a kiss on his lips. "You're lucky you don't have work today, Damon, because you overslept." She turned and moved to the stove, where she plated an omelette besides two pieces of buttered toast.

   All while, Damon just stared at her. How could she be standing in front of him, so happy and bright, as if nothing had happened-as if she hadn't died. He didn't know what to do, but he just wanted to go up to her and hug her. So, he did. He wrapped his arm around her waist and hid his face on the crook of her neck. She let out a chuckle and glanced back at him, laying a kiss on his temple.

   "What's wrong?"

   "I love you," he immediately answered. "Freya, I love you."

   She chuckled again. "I love you, too, Damon." She turned around and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, grinning up at him. For that moment, Damon sucked in a breath as he was entranced by her once again. How could she be standing in front of him, so happy, so alive? She suddenly turned away from him and pulled away, grabbing the plate and laying it on the table. "By the way, Stefan's dropping by today. Something about town business, as he likes to put it." She leaned against the counter and looked at him. "He knows I know about the Council, right?"

   "What?" Damon asked, confused.

   "Damon!" she groaned. "Don't act as if you haven't told me about the Council."

   "Yeah... Yeah, sorry," he muttered, following her every movement. "Sorry."

   "By the way, it's your turn to take the kids to school," Freya said, turning to him. "Lily has the science fair, so tell her not to forget her project. Oh, you need to meet with Robert's teacher today at ten, he's forgetting to do his homework. Again. And..." She picked up a toddler that was sitting on a high chair and handed it to him, giving him another big grin. "Since you don't have work, it's your turn to look after Ric." She laid a kiss on the toddler's cheek, making him chuckle, then pecked Damon on the lips. "I'll see you at Robert's baseball game, okay?" Without another word, she left.