5- Infinite Burning Wishes

(HER p.o.v. of Escape of Reality)

I lay in a field of grass with a blanket of stars left to cover me; though I'm not alone. My head rests against his chest as I come to enjoy the sound of the steady beat of his hearts endless thumping. My hand paints invisible lines within the sky, connecting the stars into shapes as I couldn't help but laugh; my voice no more than a whisper as sleep dawned on it.

Eventually sleep had its hands on me and I slid into a dream;fighting against it; thinking, asleep, I would miss something. By the time I got my magnetic eyes unsealed from their hold, I turn my head yo the side, just in time to see his eyes to jerk back open; guiltily.

"What do you think is up there?" I say, my voice sounding clogged to me, my tongue thick in my mouth. He just looks at me, running a hand through the loose of my hair, then looking away to look at the stars. I follow his gaze.

"I honestly have no idea; I guess whatever you imagine it to be." Just like falling in love with him all over again, I fell even more in love with his words; smiling.

"It's so peaceful; I bet you it's beyond beautiful!" I laugh softly under my breath as I watch the stars that flicker above us.

"Just like you."

His words catch me off guard.

By the time I regain myself, I folk over so I lay on my stomach, my elbows holding me up as I peer down into his hazy eyes. So many emotions filled me at that moment and my heart demanded to be heard.

"I love you," I said as the start of my unprepared speech. I said so much more in it, every word holding so much more meaning to me as it was not only an 'I love you' speech, but a 'goodbye' speech.

Goodbye; I was almost going to say it when I choked over it and had him pull me against him. That's when I knew I couldn't possibly say it just then. Instead, I savored the very time he just held me; saying nothing. He knew that he didn't have to; knew that not everything spoken was true; and so he led himself up to prove his unspoken words to me. He was true.

The silence dragged him to sleep, and to relieve some of my pain, I spoke once more, in a smaller voice than I had the times before. "I dream of you and I dream of all of the things we could do; become. Come with me..."

Not much after that, did I cry myself to sleep withing his ungiving arms; asleep under the infinite burning stars that people wished upon; my last night spent with the very man I love.