XI

Geoff POV:

It was officially the last day of our trip, and Bridgette had been acting kinda funky ever since she left with Zoey the first day. Duncan and Courtney made up after a lot of talking and "body language", and surprisingly a paparazzi hadn't come her looking for Dakota yet. I just wished that Bridge was talking to me more.

"Hey man!",said DJ, walking into our room. I was just laying om my bed, watching "Beat Bobby Flay" for about the fifth time in a row.

"Hey...",I responded glumly.

"Brother, what's got you in a mood?",he asked, going to go get Bunny.

"It's just...Bridgette's been acting really funky you know. She's kinda been avoiding me and being really awkward. And, this is the last week I'll ever see her and-", I started.

"Woah bro, this is all because of Bridge?", he said while I nodded in response,"Why don't you just take her out on a date or something? And ooh, are you watching Bobby Flay?"

"I don't know dude...",I trailed.

"You never know until you try brother.",he said, eyes fixated on the TV. I then perked up, a smile itching on my face.

"You know what, you're right! I'm gonna go ask her!",I responded, jumping out of bed.

"Yeah, go Geoff. Huh?! No! I can't believe he chose that dish! That's Bobby's weakness!", screamed DJ, surprise on his face. I rolled my eyes before exiting the room. I hurriedly rushed down to Bridgette's room, where she so coincidentally happened to be exiting.

"Hey! Bridge!",I waved, catching her attention.

"Oh...hey.",she responded, surfboard in arm. I could see a faint pink appear on her cheeks.

"You know, it's the last day of the trip and all, and I was wondering if could hang out later, you know. Just the two of us...",I said, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly.

"A date?",she suggested, a smile appearing on her face.

"Yeah! So, you wanna?", I asked, making her smile grow deeper.

"Sure! I was gonna go surfing again, you wanna come?",she asked.

"Of course brah!",I said, smiling happily.

...

We had just finished our group dinner, and it was about 8:30. I put on my pink shirt and brown shorts, and prepared for the date. I took a deep breathe, looking in the mirror.

This is probably the last date you'll ever have with her

I know

Make it good

"I'm out dude!",I said, looking at DJ who was back to watching Bobby Flay.

"Yeah, go get em brother!",he smiled, sticking some popcorn in his mouth.

I smiled back and waved, exiting the room. I ended up running to the beach shore, where I already saw Bridgette waiting.

"Hey!",I yelled, making her turn around. She was in a blue hoodie with her hair in a ponytail, wearing some long shorts and sandals.

"Hey!",she smiled, her voice angelic.

"Sorry, I'm kinda late.",I said, pushing up my cowboy hat.

"It's not like I was going anywhere.",she chuckled, making me laugh along with her.

"I guess dudette.",I responded, sitting down on the beach.

We sat there in silence for a while, looking at the vast ocean. It was beautiful, and smelled like her. I suddenly felt a pit once again thinking about it. I looked to her, about to break the silence when she suddenly asked me something.