Prologue...

For those of you that have read Case 24, I'm revamping the whole book. It's the same concept but I'm changing the whole plot and characters. And for those of you who haven't read Case 24, then perfect...

DR

When a mugshot of Christopher Brown showed up on the interface, everyone in the class began to chatter promptly. AMERICA'S MOST WANTED was written in large letters right below the photo, and his smile was so big, the longer you looked at it the creepier it was.

Mr. Burnes, my psychology professor, quieted the class down as he stood in front and prepared himself to speak.

"So by the looks of it you all seem to know who this man is.." He said as he pointed to the interface with his thumb.

"Who doesn't?" One girl called.

"He's a serial killer!" Another one exclaimed.

"That's correct.. Anyone know who he targeted?"

"Women. He killed 24 women." I informed.

"Someone did their research... A handful of you have been chosen to help with the evaluation of Christopher Brown, or, case 24. Now, it might sound a bit outrageous, but this is the state's orders." He then proceeded to pull up a list on the interface of the names of students, mine was the second one down...

"I refuse. I ain't doing no evaluation on a serial killer, y'all done lost y'all damn mind. That's a death wish." Tracy, one of the girls on the list remarked.

Four people ended up backing out of the experiment, leaving only myself and two others— Rose and Julian.

"I figured this was going to happen." Mr. Burnes groaned to himself. "Only three? Anyone not on the list care to join the experiment?"

But he got no answer, it was just silent as all the students stared back at him.

"Well, okay... Dayanara, Rose and Julian, please be expecting an informative email tonight. Details will be provided to you about the evaluation, where it'll be taking place, and etc."

For the duration of the class, we watched different video clips on the most wanted man in America, and seen some things regarding his case.

In one interview, I remember he said.. "I was literally singing to myself on my way home, after the killing. The tension, the desire to kill a woman had built up in such explosive proportions that when I finally pulled the trigger, all the pressures, all the tensions, all the hatred, had just vanished, dissipated, but only for a short time." Then he started chuckling, and it was so creepy to me because I've never seen someone lack so much emotion before, I've never seen someone so cold blooded.

Later that night, I indeed received the email I'd been expecting from Mr. Burnes. CASE 24 and a picture of the Sagamore Psychiatric Center was the first thing I saw when I opened up the email.

Hello students,

I very much appreciate your gallantry and I'm quite excited to be able to share this experience with the three of you. I am Dr. Joseph Sutton, and I have a Doctoral's degree in psychology. I've worked in many job areas including a licensed clinical psychologist, and a counseling psychologist.

As your professor had told you earlier, we are going to assess Christopher Brown in this experiment. Now if you didn't know, this man is responsible for the murder of 24 women, ranging from ages 17-29.

The court believes there is something very wrong with Christopher Brown, and is not fit for jail, hence why he's at the Sagamore Psychiatric Center. That's where we come in.

The evaluation will begin on October 5th, ranging over a two month period. The Sagamore Psych Center is located on 25 Logan Road, Syracuse NY. Hotel rooms will be paid for along with any other expenses.

Again, I really appreciate this act of courage, because a lot of people backed out. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Sincerely,
Dr. Joseph Sutton

Coming soon 😇