Chapter 4

A/N: Short chapter, I know, but I am mostly just looking for feedback. Not many people are reading this, hopefully more will soon, but for those of you that are, I would love your opinions! What you like, what you don't like, comments, questions and suggestions--leave it all in the comments, I'd love to hear from you. If you like it, give it a shout out on social media... I haven't figured out a way to promote it yet besides shoutouts. This is my first time doing this, still not sure if I'm doing it right! Ok, back to the story...

John's POV:

After Herc disappeared around the back of the building, I shifted the car into drive, and started to pull out, when my phone dinged. I had just decided to ignore when it dinged again, then once more. I glanced down at the lit-up screen and saw 'iMessage from Martha' flashing. I sighed and pulled over again, then grabbed my phone.

MARTHA: hey you 💕

MARTHA: i didn't see you much today 😪

MARTHA: want to come over?

I blew a curl out of my eyes with a puff of breath. As I considered, another text came in.

ALEX💙: hey man come over. i've got food

I shifted gears again and texted him back.

ME: i'll be there in 5

Then, with only a small pang of guilt, I switched over to the conversation with Martha.

ME: sorry babe, too much hw. see u tomorrow

I clicked my phone off and drove away.