Chapter 1: Intensity And Death Warrants

"Bread's Mushy.

Chicken's furry.

Beef's Spongy.

The drink's Un-drinkery." I say examining the food.

"Is the even a word?" The waiter says with an annoyed look on his face, fed up with my 'compliments'. I've been sitting here all day admiring this so called of a business and this is how he repays me? Huh, should've thought about Krabby Patties first.

"Well, if I said it and used it. I'm pretty sure it's a word by now." I roll my eyes at him. This dude really needs to get a grip. He's so pessimistic that he turns this whole cafe dull. Talk about putting Mr. Dull to shame.

"Come on Thea, could you stop coming here during my work hours and trying to ruin my life!" The waiter says rolling his eyes.

Exaggerating much?

"I don't know what you're talking about and who's this 'Thea girl,' but I'm sure she's hot," I say flipping my hair and winking at him.

"Get. Out." He glares at me pointing his notepad towards the door. Isn't he supposed to attract customers? Not throw them out?

"Excuse me, sir? Where are your manners? I'm afraid you're being rude to a customer." I gesture toward me.

"Well, you aren't a customer or even a girl. Forget girl you aren't a human!" He yells out dramatically. He hits his notepad on the table glaring at me with those beady, blue eyes.

"I need to speak to your boss," I tell him standing up from my seat and putting my hand on my hips looking for the person who hired him in the first place.

I mean he's worthless and the manager better give me a discount because not only does the food stink, but the employees are rude too.

"Thea? What the hell are you doing?" The stranger/waiter asks me gripping my hand. I pull away from his tug and walk over to the counter.

"Excuse me? Can I speak to the manager please?" I ask the girl in the uniform, sitting at the counter looking down her phone. When she hears my voice, her head snaps in my direction with a grimace look on her face.

"Wha?" She says like she couldn't care less about her job or the customers. What kind of management is this?

The Counter lady chews her chewing gum blowing a big bubble and popping it with her tongue putting it back in her mouth.

"Come on Thea. What are you trying to do? Get me fired? Again! Can you stop?!" Theo pleases tugging my arm. Times like this he seems so desperate, it feels so good to have control over him. It makes me feel mature and wiser.

"Can I see the manager please?" I repeat not bothering to give Theo a glance when I say my words to the lady at the desk she nods her head and picks the phone from the counter dialing a number (probably the manager)

After a few rings later she speaks into the phone.

"Excuse me, ma'am. What's your name?" The Lady asks me holding the phone over her chest.

"Thea. Thea Maxwell." I tell her feeling proud of my name. I'm very well known in this place, and not to mention I'm very popular.

She passes some words into the phone before nodding and putting the phone back in its place.

"I'm sorry but he says that he can't talk to you that he has some meetings." I nearly snorted at what she said because Austin never had a social life or meetings. He never showed up to work and would always just hire random people without even questioning them. Example Theo's lack of waiting skills.