Chapter 9

The redhead detached herself from Aubrey's arms and made her way to the bed. Everything was hazy, as if she were in a dream. She thought this had to be a dream. There was no way that this could actually be happening.

Then she saw it.

The slight rise in the flat line of the monitor accompanied with a small beep.

Chloe was beside Beca's bedside in a heartbeat.

"Beca?" her voice wavered, partially from hope, partially from trauma. Another beep. "Oh my God! Beca! Beca wake up. Please."

Aubrey, thinking that Chloe was having a nervous breakdown, quickly made her way over to where her friend was, holding the paler-than-usual hand of the small brunette. That was until she heard the faint beep that had caused Chloe to race to the DJs side.

That's impossible, she thought. But she had heard it. She had seen the green line move.

By this point everybody had re-entered the room to see what was happening. They all watched in shock as the heartrate picked up. Now there was a steady beat coming from the monitor.

Was it a faulty monitor? They looked to Beca and saw her chest rising and falling, albeit unevenly. She was fighting. Something made her fight. Someone had made her fight.

But one thing was certain.

Beca Mitchell was alive.