Chapter 38

EPILOGUE.
"Chloe, we need to talk." Those five words set Chloe's heart-rate racing. Had she done something? She couldn't think of anything. She had tried to be the perfect girlfriend. And yet, Beca was looking at her with a serious look. Beca hardly ever got serious. A horrible thought occurred to Chloe; what if Beca was breaking up with her? The redhead tried to push away these thoughts, thinking that she was seriously overthinking that one sentence.

"Becs? What's wrong?" her fears did not subdue as Beca took her hand and led her to the sofa to sit down.

"We have to talk about something that happened a while ago. Whilst I was still in the hospital." The two had a sort of agreement that they would not talk seriously about what had happened: it was just too painful for everyone. The memory of Beca being so damaged, her dying, Chloe still had nightmares about it. Such bad nightmares that only Beca could calm her down after them. Luckily for the redhead, the short brunette had pretty much moved in with her.

But now, Beca sat opposite her, looking at their entwined hands.

"Becs, what is it? You're scaring me."

Finally Beca looked up. There was something in her face that Chloe couldn't quite put her finger on.

"Chloe. I've been thinking about this for some time. There was something that you said in the hospital that I just have to talk to you about." Chloe's breath hitched as she tried to recall everything that she had said in the hospital.

"Beca, what is it?"

Beca huffed, obviously annoyed that the redhead couldn't remember what she had apparently said.

"You're not making this easy for me Chlo." She groaned. Beca paced for a minute, thinking. She had honestly thought that Chloe would remember and this had kind of screwed up her plans. Suddenly an idea hit her. She walked over to the cupboard and she looked behind her before opening the door. She was slightly surprised at how worried Chloe looked. She knew the redhead might hate her after this. She sighed again. "Chloe. This relationship was built on a lie." Chloe gasped in shock. What was happening? Why was Beca saying this? "You know as well as I do that I did not promise to dress up for Mardi Gras, no matter how bad the set list was."

Beca watched Chloe's reaction with amusement. The redhead's eyes widened in realisation before narrowing. She stood from the sofa and stalked up to Beca. "I thought that you were breaking up with me!"

Beca couldn't keep it in anymore. She burst out laughing at the redhead's anger. And it probably wasn't the best idea. A blush covered Chloe's cheeks as she got increasingly angry. How dare Beca do that to her!

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slap you so hard-" she began menacingly, but was cut off by soft lips on hers. No, she thought. I will not give up so easily. She tried to push Beca away, but the smaller girl was surprisingly strong. And persistent. She knew that this was Chloe's weakness and so kept kissing her. The redhead refused her entrance to her mouth, but the longer the kiss lasted, the less resistant Chloe became. Oh, fuck this, Chloe thought before pushing Beca up against the wall, choosing instead to let out her anger out this way. Beca had honestly not expected this but was not complaining. She moaned into the kiss as Chloe hands went wondering, if rather roughly. Chloe was not letting up. She was going to wind Beca up and then just leave her. That seemed like torture enough. That's if, if she could stand to just walk away. This kiss was slightly hotter than she had originally thought. But then, any kiss with Beca was hot.

Beca moaned as Chloe's lips moved down her jawline to her throat.

"Ugh, Chlo, you didn't let me finish." Chloe cut Beca off again with her lips.