XXIX: Ouija Board

This new hospital--The Gulf Trauma Center in Baton Rouge--apparently had no rule about goats. Because when I woke up in the morning--?--I heard the annoying bleating of Leviathan the Goat. I sat up and was greeted, not by the damned goat, but by Gabriel. Who was sitting on the Spinny Stool of Fun. Naked. With his wings out. I bit my tongue to hold back a stoked scream and threw my cardboard-thin and rock-solid pillow at him. He flinched and stood up. I saw too much angel. The only way to burn that image from my mind was with Hell Fire because there was no way holy water was going to get rid of that. That and the fact that I never liked dick to start with. 

"What the hell are you doing here, Gabriel?!" I exclaimed. He blinked a few times and stared right at me. 

"I could ask the same thing, Bandit," he said simply. 

"Gabriel. Gabriel, seriously?! I fucking died in a car accident! Why wouldn't I be here?!" I pulled my gown off and threw it at him. "And cover your dick up. I don't want to see that." I yanked my thin hospital sheet up so it covered my frail, scarred and tattooed body. Gabriel frowned but put the gown on. 

"I'm supposed to be gatherin' y'all up to bring you home. Glitch and Thomason are waiting for you. They said that they got you your virgins and whores. I'm hoping that this is for a trial and you're not going to do anything stupid, but, hey, you're Bandit Fucking Lee. Who knows when it comes to you?" He snapped his fingers and the ugly ass pink hospital gown disappeared. It was replaced by his usual skin-tight leather pants and skin-tight leather shirt and matching jacket. My bitchy archangel was back. 

I threw my blanket off, not caring if he saw me naked anymore. Gabriel reached over and grabbed a neatly folded stack of clothes from the Spinny Stool of Fun and handed it to me. I took it and yelled for him to turn around. 

I think I was the most disappointed that there wasn't a bra and all I got was a pair of three sizes too big acid washed jeans and an oversized Slipknot t-shirt. 

Lucy and Leviathan were no where to be seen when I got back to Safe House. I assumed she was still at the hospital, but I didn't care. I hated her. She wasn't around and that was fine with me. 

I walked right up to Sammy and hugged her as tightly as I could. She hesitantly hugged back for a second before peeling herself off of me. 

"Where are my Witchy Boys?" I demanded, scanning the kitchen--the room I happened to be in. 

"Glitch and Thomason are in the bathroom with your virgins and whores," Sammy said, jabbing a thumb in the direction of the downstairs bathroom. "They already slaughtered them and, last I heard, are filling the tub with their blood." 

I simply nodded and walked to the bathroom. I heard Sammy's feet and I knew she was following me but I didn't bother checking to make sure. 

Sure enough, when I got to the bathroom, my Witchy Boys were there. Glitch was standing in the tub--which was filled with blood--and Thomason's white hair was tinted pink. There were six bodies wrapped in bloodstained white sheets slumped against the wall. 

"Imma call you Bloody Mary now," Glitch said with a grin. "'Cause she bathed in blood, right?" 

"Shut up, Glitch, or it'll be your blood I'm bathing in," I muttered. I tried not looking at the bodies. Maybe if I just pretended it was water . . .  I swallowed back the lump in my throat and pulled my borrowed Slipknot shirt off. I crossed my arms over my chest in an X, trying to build up enough courage to actually get in the tub. 

A minute later, my Witchy Boys had worked together to finish stripping me and shoved me in the blood-filled tub. I had to fight all my instincts that were telling me to get out. I had to stay in. I had to stay in. I had to stay in. I wouldn't let the Hell Hounds get me or anyone I loved.