The Kissing Booth

"Hogwarts Carnival?" Harry Potter questioned his two friends as he read the enchanted flyer hanging outside of the entrance hall.

     "What's a carnival?" the ginger friend to his right asked.

     "Ron," The bushy haired friend said, "A carnival is an organized program of festivities, contests and games, typically associated with fundraising." she said shaking her head, clutching her book close to her chest, "Honestly, Ron, I thought you would know that, it's not strictly for muggles."

     Ron mumbled something incoherent under his breath while Harry read the print at the bottom.

     "Hermione, look, they have openings for volunteers." Harry said, pointing at the print, "I'm going to see Dumbledore about it."

     "Harry, no, you should be focusing on your N.E.W.Ts. You should study instead of stressing to help everyone."

     "Hermione, the N.E.W.Ts are a year away. You take them in seventh year, and last time I checked, we're still in our sixth year."

     "Fine then, don't listen to me."

     "Really, 'Mione, loosen up a bit, you're not his mum, let him have a bit of fun," Ron said, defending Harry, "Besides, Dumbledore would love for him to help. And of course, the carnival is perfect for Lavender and I to have some fun." Hermione huffed and stormed away, leaving Harry and Ron by themselves to daydream. "Why does Hermione not like Lavender?"

     Harry froze, "Well, Ron, what seems like the obvious answer?"

     Ron scrunched up his face in deep thought, his face squeezed so tight, Harry thought he'd lay an egg. "Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed suddenly, "Hermione has a crush on Lavender!"

     "Exact- wait- What?!"

     "Hermione is acting like she doesn't like Lavender, to throw me off guard, but she won't say anything because she's such a great friend and she doesn't want to steal my girlfriend!"

     "Um... Ron..." Harry laughed nervously, giving up, "Yeah, that's... That's why she doesn't like her. I'll just be going to see Dumbledore now."

      "Okay, Harry, See ya later!"

........

     "Pumpkin Juice," Harry said as the gargoyle shifted and the stairs twisted down. Harry jogged up the stairs where he greeted by an already open door.

      "Ah, Harry, my boy, what can I do for you?" Harry jumped when Albus Dumbledore spoke from his desk, his black hand striking the Phoenix, Fawks, in his perch.

     "Hello, Professor Dumbledore, I actually wanted to talk to you about the Hogwarts Carnival." Harry said as he fiddled with his tie.

     "Ah yes, brilliant idea, yes?" Dumbledore's eyes twinkled like he knew something Harry didn't. "Professor Slughorn thought of it."

     "Yes, sir, I was wondering if all of the volunteer slots have been filled?"

     Dumbledore gave a wise old grin, "Harry, I have just the job for you..."

........

"You can'possibly be aggreeing with this, Harry!" Hermione blurted as Harry sat up his stool in his booth, the carnival just starting.

"It's for a good cause, 'Mione!" Harry said setting up his box for tickets carefully before admiring the booth. Even though it was a pink and gushy, it was well constructed.

"Yeah, 'Mione!" Ron added, certainly not helping Harry's case, "All of the money goes to St. Mungos! And everyone knows they need funding for better supplies and equipment. Dad their funds were cut by half!" Ron grinned, amused, "Besides, this is a good year for Harry, everone wants him, you know, being the Chose One and all."

Hermine had a misceivious glint in her eyes before sliding a ticket into the box and placing a quick chaste kiss on Harry's lips that left Ron between a stage of anger and confusion. Harry was confused himself for a second before he saw Ron's expression and realized what she was trying to do.

"Bu-Wha-Hermione!?" Ron sputtered as she grinned with a ghost of a smirk.

"Yes, Ronald?" She said innocently.

"What'd you go and do that for?" The jealously in Ron's voice made her smile made her grin turn to a mini smile.

"It's all for a good cause," she said smoothly before sauntering away, Ron following closely behind.

Harry sighed and shook his head at the two; How long would it take for Ron to realize that he liked Hermione?

Harry perked up as students began lining up for games and rides, and it had Harry shocked that he had so many students lined up for just a little peck on the lips. Harry would even go as far as to say that his booth probably had the most tickets. Harry was hardly shocked when so many girls came too the booth, but he was surprised a few guys did. There were even some guys who instead of kissing, just dropped a ticket in as a gesture of goodwill.

It wasn't until he began cleaning up and the students were leaving that things started getting interesting.

He was charming and transfiguring the decorations as he pleased, into flowers, and clovers and whatnot: Things that were as beautiful as the decorations. He had his hands on the ticket box was about to pick up when a someome slid a ticket into the slot. Harry glanced up to see who the hand belonged to and was confused as to why the person didn't come during the actual carnival hours.

Once he saw who it was, he immediatly could see why.

"Malfoy," Harry said, shocked, "What are you doing here?"

"Well it's a kissing booth, Potter, what do you think?" Malfoy said sarcastically.

Harry blushed, "I mean why do you want to... um....?"

"It's for a good cause," Draco said casually.

Harry raised an eyebrow at this, "I feel like the words 'good cause' sort of negate your justification."

Draco rolled his eyes, "Does it really matter why? I'm a paying custumer aren't I?" He said as he gestured to the box.

"It's after hours, Malfoy."

"Potter," Malfoy said his name in a tone he had never heard before but somehow it had his heart racing. Harry looked up as him, unsure what to do as Malfoy stepped closer to him until they were chest to chest whispering, "The carnival isn't over until the Carny goes home. Draco eyed him up and down, "And here you are."

"Malfoy, this is cra-" Harry was cut off mid sentence when Draco captured his lips. Harry was still, unsure of what to do before a warmth engulfed his body that demanded he respond.

Harry brought his hands up to the sides of Malfoy's face, pulling him closer as he moved his lips in sync with the tall blonde boy. He felt Draco's hands snake around his waist, before deepening the kiss even further.

Neither of them knew how long it had been when Harry pulled back. Breathing heavy, he pressed their foreheads together.

"You were saying? This is...?" Malfoy whispered.

"This is..." Harry whispered back unsure of how to answer. How are you supposed to tell your rival that not only did you enjoy kissing them, but you wanted to keep kissing them? "Do you have anymore tickets?" He breathed out.

Draco smirked as he reached into his pocket grabbing a large handful of tickets and sitting them on top of the box.

Harry stared at them before looking back at Draco. "Malfoy," Harry said, "I don't think that'll be enough to cover what I have in mind."

"Oh? Do I need more tickets then?" Draco asked burning his silver, lustfilled eyes into Harry's.

Harry bit his lip, "No," he said thoughtfully before leaning in to whisper, "This one's kn me." With that, he leaned back in, once again locking lips with Draco Malfoy.

Overall, Harry decided, The Hogwarts Carnival was a complete success.