Happy Christmas, Draco

There was nothing better than Christmas at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Unless of course, you were there instead of home with your family.

There weren't too many students left behind, a few Hufflepuffs here, some Ravenclaws there. But what surprised them the most was Harry Potter, the only student of Gryffindor left behind.

Harry knew he was always welcome at the Weasley house but after the war, Fred's death... He just couldn't bring himself to return to the Burrow. He felt responsible in a way for all the damage done. So he stayed at Hogwarts while the Hermione joined the Weasleys for Christmas.

Harry still got gifts, baked goods and a sweater from Mrs. Weasley, sweets from Ron, books on defense from Hermione... But something felt... missing.

Tired of being alone in the Gryffindor common room, he wandered the moving staircases to the great hall with the other Holiday stragglers.

He nodded at the others, taking a seat at the Gryffindor table, alone. He looked around at the students among Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, chatting away, showing off their gifts to one another. It made him sad almost, how happy they were.

But staring at the Slytherin table was what broke his heart.

There sat Draco Malfoy, his ex-rival, just as alone as Harry.

He had been allowed back to Hogwarts to complete his eighth year, the redo of his seventh, because of his acts during the war that kept the savior from death. Harry, of course, testified at his trial, which was probably what kept him from Azkaban in the first place. But at what cost? He was alone. Not just now, but every day. The Slytherins turned on him because he turned on the dark side, and the other houses still wanted nothing to do with him.

And Harry knew it was all because of him.

Maybe it was an act of benevolence, maybe it was loneliness, or maybe it was that damn look of melancholy on the blonde boy's face, whatever it was made him stand from where he was seated, to make his way to the Slytherin table, plopping down right beside him.

Malfoy jumped in surprise, turning to him, "Potter."

"Malfoy," Harry said grinning, "How are you?"

Malfoy shifted uncomfortably, "You don't have to do this, Potter. I got myself here, I don't need your pity."

"It's not pity," Harry said softly, "You did the right thing."

Draco scoffed, "If I did the right thing then why am I still looked at like death eater scum?"

Harry swallowed at his bitterness, "Because not everyone is so astute," Looking at the self-hatred on his face gave Harry an idea, "Come to Gryffindor tower with me, I have something for you," Malfoy looked uneasy as Harry stood up offering a hand to him, "Come on, Malfoy, I won't bite."

Draco rolled his eye, taking Harry's hand, letting him pull him up, trying to ignore the spark of electricity that ran through him at his touch. He let go, following Harry back up the enchanted staircases, following him into the common room once the portrait door swung open.

He was awed by the homey feel of it, the Christmas décor made it festively comfortable. Draco stopped in his tracks at the end of the dorm stairs, not daring to step further past his bounds.

"You're not coming up?" Draco shook his head, "No one is here but us," Draco made a face, "Fine, wait here."

Draco obliged, casually strolling around the common room, staring at all the little trinkets and decorations around the room. It was warmer than Slytherin common room, Draco noticed, cozier. It was almost... nice.

"Okay!" Harry called as he barreled down the stairs, one hand behind his back. He stopped in front of Draco, inches between them, holding out a long black box to him, "Happy Christmas, Draco."

Draco raised an eyebrow accepting the box and lifting the lid, tears coming to his eyes at the sight, "My wand?" He asked looking up at Harry who nodded, "But why?"

"Because you deserve it," Harry grinned at him, "You started on the wrong side, but you made your way to the light. Without you, I wouldn't be here, and Voldemort could've been ruling the Wizarding world by now," He laughed lightly, biting his lip nervously, "So thank you."

Draco had never felt this feeling before: this pure feeling of happiness, joy, thanks. He looked into Harry's eyes gratefully, throwing his arms around him. Harry smiled, his heart swelling before he hugged the taller boy back.

"You're the only one who's ever believed me, Potter," He whispered, "You're the only one who knows I'm capable of good," He pulled away from him, "Thank you, Potter."

"Call me Harry," He said with a smile, "we can be friends."

Draco tried not to let his hopefulness show, "Really?"

Harry nodded, "Yes. And you can hang out here, no one is here but us. I can tell you're warming up to it."

Draco scowled at him but sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace, as if wordlessly proving Harry right. Harry sat down beside him, letting their skin bask in the heat that radiated from the fire. They had a nice evening, talking, getting to know eachother with no interruptions, coming to find that they were rather fond of eachother. It was friendly...

.... Until they came to the topic of relationships.

"She was crying when you kissed her? That bad of a kisser, are you?" Draco laughed.

Harry's face heated up, "She was sad about Cedric!" he said defensively, "There's no way all of your kisses are were perfect."

Draco grinned and shrugged at him, changing the subject, "So who are you with now, Harry?"

"No one."

"Oh?" Draco raised an eyebrow, his heart racing at an opportunity, "You're the savior of the wizarding world, you could have anyone you wanted yet you're single?" This time Harry shrugged, "Come on, there has to be someone you like." Harry's already heated face heated more, "Ah there is."

"I don't want to talk about this," Harry said nervously.

Draco grinned, and gave him a knowing look. He cast a tempus, disappointed by the time, "I got to go, Harry. Walk me out?"

Harry nodded, following him to the portrait hole, "By the way, "Draco said, turning in the door way, "I have a gift for you too."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Draco said with a smirk, biting his lip, "I do..."

"And what would that be?" Harry asked, stepping closer.

"My first kiss," He whispered, as he grabbed the front of Harry's sweater, pulling him close, smashing their lips together. Harry melted into it, grabbing Draco by the waist, pulling him closer. Their lips moved in perfect sync tenderly before Draco pulled back pressing their foreheads together, "Happy Christmas, Harry." He pulled away, winking as he left disappeared down the hallway.

Harry grinned goofily before whispering back, "Happy Christmas, Draco."

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone, I hope everyone had a good time!! Be safe! xo