Clueless Hearts

She didn't know how she got there—breathing in heavily, shoulders rising up and down forcefully, enraged, fuming with fury and the need to murder as the people around her stared petrified. All of them gaping at her as her insides screamed kill, kill, kill.

"Miss Weasley?"

Lifting a palm to her face, wiping away excess of potion off of her now wet face, Rose took a heavy inhale as she looked at the Professor. Her infuriated brown eyes taking in the man, almost as if her gaze was twisting his thick figure, crumbling his stupid hat and shoving it far inside a dragon's mouth and tossing him inside to go and find it. "Yes, sir?"

Horace Slughorn swallowed a lump of nerves, staring calculating at the redhead as she practically hissed at him. "You're excused, Miss Weasley. Feel free to go clean yourself, you can turn in the assignment next lesson."

"Thank you," Rose said through clenched teeth, turning around to her right to look at another redhead looking disturbed as the class hurried back to their assignments, acting like they didn't see her and her dripping anger. "Take my bag to the common room, please."

"Sure," Roxanne Weasley replied to her cousin. "You know, Rose, I can take away points if you'd like. I can wait at the proper moment and drain all the emeralds," she offered, hoping that that would wipe away some of the bubbling anger in Rose's eyes, instead it got a chuckling noise from both sides of the chamber. "Shut up, Fred," Roxy hissed, turning her neck slightly to glare at her twin brother.

"Sorry, Roxy, but for being a stuck-up Prefect, that would be wicked to witness," said Fred.

Beside him, James Potter grinned darkly at Roxy. "Do it. Put Gryffindor ahead of all the other Houses. You know it's been two years since we've beaten Slytherin in particular for the House Cup." 

"I'm not doing that," Roxy said to her brother and cousin. "I take being Prefect seriously. It's a commitment. The Headmistress counts on all of us to carry the—"

"And I'm bored," James huffed, turning back away from Roxy before she started on a lecture that their Uncle Percy had practically written for her and Victorie (the only Prefects thus far amongst the children).

"Just bring my bag to the common room, will you?" Rose made her presence noticed again. As soon as she received a quick nod from the twins, who knew not to mess with her when she was in a murder-spree, and a roll of eyes from James, Rose tried to give them a smile. "Thank you."

"I know you're not the smartest witch in the cauldron, Weasley," and just before she could turn around and walk out of the classroom, Rose was met with the silver gaze of the devil. "But the potion is supposed to go inside the pot, not on you."

"This is all your fault!"

Staring unmoved by the red on Rose's cheeks, her hyperventilating chest, and grinding teeth, Scorpius Malfoy smirked at her. "I suppose it is," he sighed mockingly eyes drifting down to the liquid oozing down her front. "But then again, I am not your nanny, Weasley. And I am not daft enough to have you as a partner, I need to work with someone who has the same intellectual level."

And as he leaned back on his seat, a dark-haired witch turned her head towards the fuming redhead. "Oh, my. Rose, do you need help washing that off?"

"No," Rose snapped, feeling sickened by the sweet, caring tone in the girl's voice. "I think you and Malfoy did enough already, actually."

Lana McLaggen raised an eyebrow, bewilderment pooling into her beautiful expression and emerald eyes.

"Ignore her, Lana," Scorpius said softly, putting a gentle palm on her shoulder. "Rose tends to let out her anger on everyone." Giving her a pat like she was a cat, the Slytherin turned away from his house-mate to look towards the Gryffindor girl. "She had nothing to do with your stupidity, Weasley. Don't blame people because you can't brew a potion. Not that I'm surprised anyway, your genetics don't provide you with much to begin with."