Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Driving back to the track later at night after eating dinner with Mackenzie was relaxing. Driving was relaxing for me, I guess I got it from dad. Driving has always relaxed him too, that's what's making him the best car racer in the whole world. When he's in a race he isn't stressed when he drives so he knows exactly what to do to win, he's always calm.

By the time we got to the mechanic house, we always parked our cars there, we saw that there where about 15 other buses in the bus parking. All the contesters wanted to be here early, there was a race the day after tomorrow.

''What are we doing for your birthday tomorrow, Enthea?'' Kenzie asked as we walked through the parking on our way to our bus. She grabbed my hand and we swayed it between our bodies as we walked.

The moon rising higher and higher in the sky. The lights in the bus parking wouldn't even have to be on cause the moon shines so bright.

Looking down at Mackenzie as she looked around, taking a look on all the buses we past.

''Nothing special, sweetheart. You, me, dad, Joey, Zach, Javier and Luke are just gonna go to the farm and visit Mitch and Einar and spend the rest of the week there. No presents this year though.''

''Why not? Don't you want presents?'' she asked raising her eyebrows in shock.

''I have everything I could ever ask for. What could I possibly want?''

I threw her over me shoulder and took of running to our bus. Her laugh echoed through the whole parking and I couldn't hold back my own.

By the time we were in the middle of the parking people were looking out from their buses, wondering what was going on. I stopped and let her down on the ground and took her hand in mine.

Still laughing, we bowed and laughed even harder at ourselves. The people just shaking their heads and chuckling going back inside the buses.

By that time Mackenzie were laying on the ground and holding her stomach as she laughed her ass of.

"Come on now, babygirl. Lets go, we've embarrassed ourselves enough for tonight." Our laughter echoed in the parking.

"Did you see their faces?! They looked so funny." she said, yawning and streaching her arms over her head. The look on Kenzies face said it all, she was going to sleep really well tonight.

Once again Mackenzie was on my back, half asleep, on our way to the bus. When we finally got there the lights were on and dad and Javier sat on the couch watching a movie.

"Daddy!" Mackenzie giggled on my back as he got up and took her in his arms, giving me a small kiss on my forhead.

"Hey, girls. Are you tired Kenzie?" he said sitting back down on the couch, lokking at the half sleeping figure wrapped in his arms. He chuckled as she let out a big yawn and shook her head no, her hair covering her tired face.

Standing up, he took her to his bunk and put her to bed. I came up to the bunk just a few seconds later to find her sound asleep.

"Goodnight, beautiful girl." I chuckled and tucked her hair behind her ear. Letting my fingers cherish her cheek down to her jaw. Her face was so calm and Beautiful, her mouth slightly parted as she silently snored.

Pulling the drapes closed, walking to the couch to find dad in different clothes. He was now in sweatpants and a worn out t-shirt, he was in jeans and a butten up shirt just a second ago. I guess I was standing at the bunk longer then I thought.

Javier looked like he was about to fall asleep too, his eyelids hanging low. He was trying to Watch the movie but I know he won't last long.

Giving the TV a fast glance and saw that they were watching "Real Steel". God, I love that movie.

"You're not driving that tired I hope, Javier." I giggled, sitting down between them. The couch wasn't very comfortable but it was okay for a short time, I usually just lay on the floor. It was a black hard leather couch, much more comfortable with a lot of pillows and blankets and covers.

"God no. I'm sleeping right here." He said and leaned back, getting "comfortable" on the couch, closing his eyes. His back is gonna hurt badly tomorrow is all I'm telling you.

"So babygirl, how was your day?" dad said a few minutes later as he pulled a blanket over Javiers now sleeping figure. I told you he wouldn't last long.

"It was good. How was yours on the track?"

Snuggling closer to his common warmth, pulling another blanket over my body as he laid his arm around my body. Taking a deep breath, taking in his well known smell.

''It was good. I can't wait until the race tomorrow.'' He sighed.

His arm got heavier around me and his breathing got slower. The small sound of Javiers snoring filled the bus. The light from the TV was the only light on. There was a small sound of the birds flying around outside.

As the movie came to it's end dads body was getting heavier and heavier, his arm was now lazily thrown around my shoulders. My fingertips ran lightly over his smoth sun kissed skin. The common masculine scent hit my nostrils calming me.

I guess I fell asleep cause the next thing I know I'm being carried and lifted up into my bunk by my dad. The soft and varm familiar feeling of my covers being pulled up around me. It was dark but I could still see the clock on the little shelf in the bunk. It was one minute to midnight, my last minute of being 16. I was going to be a whole year older within a minute.

'That's one year closer to your death'

"Shut it!"

Soft lips touched my forhead in a gentle kiss. The worm gesture caused me to close my eyes and sigh in comfort.

"Happy birthday Enthea. I love you so much." he whispers in my ear and kisses my forhead once again.

My eyes landed on the clock again. 00.01. My eyes got heavy as I slowly fell asleep.

"Love you too daddy." I mumbled quietly. I hear him walk over to his bunk and jump in with Kenzie.

'You'll die soon enough, you don't want to be alive'

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone!

Short and boring I know next update will be longer I promise!

Sorry for misspellings!:-/

Much Love / Tessy