The Final Battle

I sat in the snow. Winter had come, and six years had passed since my massacre. I knew that The Survivor was looking for me. I knew he wanted to kill me after what I had done to his mother.

I have been waiting for him. Waiting for our final battle. I could smell him- he was on his way.

I got up, snorting, expelling cold air from my nostrils. I moved towards the direction of his scent- he was moving to a nearby volcano.

That shall be where our final battle shall take place.

I trudged onwards, knowing that two raptors shall walk into this battle, and only one shall walk out.

'Son... You shall watch from wherever you reside up there in the sky, and witness a battle greater than any that Earth has ever seen. His pack took your life from me, and I cannot allow even one of them to stay alive. I will fight until the very end- I will never accept death. He can break my body, but he shall never break my will.'

I stopped, by the side of the volcano. No snow lay here- it was too warm. Smoke was wafting out from the top, floating up to the sky. I shut my eyes. This is it.

When I opened them, I saw The Survivor, standing through the mist. I could only see his silhouette, but he had grown so much. He was large for a Deinonychus, and seemed to be a completely different individual to the weak little baby I left for dead all those years ago.

The mist cleared, revealing his navy feathers and white bands. I could smell his fear- and why wouldn't he be afraid? After all, he was about to face the killer of his mother, and the strongest Utahraptor of all time.

I was not ready to die. I had spent so long, building up strength to go from a useless runt to a legendary god in these lands.

I saw The Survivor lift his lips and growl at me. I could see in his emotive brown eyes memories of his pack, of his mother.

'Your pack took from me the only creature I ever loved. I promised to him I would kill every last one of you in his memory...' I snarled, taking a step forward. Nearby creatures watched The Survivor, shocked to see such a foolish creature dare challenge me.

'...And now, I shall finish what I started!!!' I roared, confidently. My mouth gaped open, with saliva flying out. He too screeched, and sprinted at me, fury and hate in his eyes.

We jumped into the air, and flew towards each other, both of us fighting for the memory of our loved ones.

We clashed. I felt my body ram against his smaller one, knocking all the oxygen out of his lungs. We slammed onto the rocky ground, and I pinned my opponent to the ground.

He looked up at me, terrified. 'I am here, fighting for my beautiful Sprinter. I will not lose!' I snarled, digging my claws into his body.

He growled back at me, filled with anger. Quickly, he squirmed out of my arms. Before I could tighten my grip on him, he slipped out and ran around me. Don't run from me... I thought, lifting my lips. Seeing him made me feel sick. I could still see the dead body of my son, flashing in my mind, reminding me of why I was here.

I screeched in annoyance. The Survivor quickly pounced onto my back, and locked his claws into the skin covered by my black feathers. 'It hurts! But I cannot dare give up! I am here, TO AVENGE MY SON!'

I shook my body, but The Survivor hung on, slashing at my back.

'Stop it! Stop hurting me!'

Blood seeped out of my wounds.

I cannot lose to such a creature...

I rolled onto my back, crushing The Survivor in the process. He immediately let go of me. I staggered up, then stared malevolently at him.