Singing soothes the soul.

A/N The video contains sad music. Forget the Naruto part of it. I don't own Naruto. Naruto has nothing to do with this other than I listened to this track for inspiration. 

Everything went going brilliant for Captain Jack Sparrow. He had married a lovely lady who loved the sea as much as him. Jack was still a pirate but he never told his wife and took a few gap years to try settle down with her. They had lived on an uncharted island (one that Jack found and his wife thought it was the most romantic thing ever) and Sparrow had got his crew members to build the house whilst he was on his honeymoon.

That was a year ago

Nowadays, Captain Sparrow spends his life on his ship, The Peregrin Falcon, with his old crew. He had to give up The Black Pearl because people would recognise him easier. The Falcon was just as quick but was a lot smaller. Jack's wife thought it was perfect and that was the only reason Jack kept it around. But, her opinions didn't matter anymore. Mrs. Sparrow had died a few months ago due to a disease that was caused because there was a fruit shortage. The crew had decreased greatly but Jack didn't have time to sail to Tortuga and pick up more members.

A loud cry had snatched Jack from his sleep. He bolted upright to find the source of the cry - his son.

"C'mon now, son. It's too early." Jack slurred whilst standing up and feeling his way towards the small wooden cot that sat beside Jack's desk and rum stash. He picked up the 13 month old baby boy and rested his son's head on his own shoulder before slowly pacing around his quarters, trying to hush the baby. "Shh~ Daddy is here," Jack still felt awkward calling himself 'Dad' but it seemed to work. Sean seemed to quieten down.

After the death of his mother, Sean seemed to get extra clingy to Jack. Jack didn't mind, thinking he'll soon grow out of it but its only been a few months and heartache still weighs down his chest. His first thought was 'The rum will help' but he was responsible with it so he could look after Sean. There had been a few nights where Annamaria had to look after Sean because Jack nearly drank the whole supply of rum on the ship!

Sean soon got bored of staring at the same wall so he started to wail again. Jack was so tired, Sean had kept him up all night for the past few weeks and being a single parent was hard for a devoted pirate - but father duty came first. Jack turned and started to slowly walk to his cabin door.

Trying not to wake the crew (again), Jack hushed Sean as he crept past the sleeping quarters and up on to the main deck. He continued till he was on the far foredeck and let Sean look at the view of little islands in the distance. Sean sleepily smiled and clapped his hands softly, liking the breeze instead of the stuffy room.

And before he could kick up a storm again, Jack began to waltz on the foredeck holding his son close to his body to stop all the heat from leaving him.

"I thought I heard the old man say, "Leave her Johnny, leave her!" Jack began to sing as he waltzed around. Sean loved being spun in circles whilst his dad sung to him.

"Tomorrow ye will get yer pay, and it's time for us to leave her," Jacks voice went a bit croaky and out of tune, but Sean loved every second of it.

"Uh.." Jack tried hard to remember the rest of the slow shanty, "Oh yes! Leave her Johnny, leave her! Oh leave her johnny leave her for the voyage is long and the winds don't blow, and its time for us to leave her."

Jack sang the rest of the shanty and slowed down to hear creaking from below him. Jack had forgotten that he had crew members sleeping below his loud footsteps. Jack stayed as still as possible as loud footsteps creeped up the steps towards the deck. "Jack?"

The sigh of relief that came from Jack's lips nearly woke Sean up again, "Mr. Gibbs" Jack confirmed, seeing his boatswain come into the dim lit area.

"Are ye sure, that yer handlin' her death okay?" Joshamee stuttered out.

"Honestly? No. And if I'm to be completely honest? I'd rather dump this brat on the next island I see and then go pillage and plunder to my hearts content." Jack confessed, causing Mr. Gibbs to gasp and stand back slightly.

"Jack!-" Joshamee was cut off.

"But, She wouldn't have wanted that. I will raise this lad before I decide what to do with him."

"Thank god, Jack, You had me worried!" Joshamee laughed. He knew of Jack wanting to get someone to look after Sean so Jack can get back to his old lifestyle.

"What about the Turner's wife? um.. Elizabeth?" Mr.Gibbs asked out of nowhere. "She has a son as well. She could say they were siblings!"

Jacks face lit up, "That's a brilliant idea, my good friend!" He would've thrown his arms around Joshamee if it wasn't for Sean sleeping in his Dad's arms.

"We must go visit her! And we need a gift basket! I'm thinking fruit...What do you think?" Jack asked Gibbs.

"How drunk are you?" Gibbs asked shocked, "Its four in the morning, we can't get a fruit basket now!"

"Well wake up the crew! We are heading to Port Royale!" Jack announced cheerfully as he skipped to his cabin to place Sean back in his cot and he picked up a green glass bottle of rum and uncorked it before taking a swig.

"UP! Everyone Up!" Jack thundered down the sleeping quarters and started pushing people out of hammocks. Jack ran back up to the bridge and started plotting out a rough course whilst everyone got dressed below. Mr. Gibbs soon pulled out the spare Bo'sun's call and piped for "call of hands". The mix of high and low notes woke everyone up and soon the deck was busy as some men had a rope in one hand and others had a piece of fruit.

"Men!" Jack called out, "We are heading to Port Royale"

A/N -

Small chapter to kick start this fanfic. Hope you enjoyed.

Nice chattin' tae ya,

Until next time,

- Little Bird xx