It's for the best after all, isn't it?

Elizabeth had greeted Jack with a slap, causing an ear piercing wail to sound out from the violence and Elizabeth to forget her hatred for Jack Sparrow.

"Why have you got a baby in your arms, Mr. Gibbs?" She sounded shocked as Joshamee stepped out from behind Jack.

"We uh, We knew you were going to slap Jack so I was given the baby. Here ya go!" With a small bounce in his step, he handed the baby boy over to Elizabeth before he turned away and started walking back to the ship.

"Why am I holding this child?" Elizabeth looked gobsmacked. She never would've thought that Jack Sparrow would bring a child to her.

"He's my son," Jack seemed hesitant now. He was starting to have second thoughts about his plan. "Oh yes!" He piped up and turned around to reveal a fruit basket. "For you and your son." He waved his arms as he spoke.

"Jack..." Elizabeth trailed off warningly, "Why am I holding your son?"

Sighing, Jack became serious and Elizabeth nearly gasped in shock at his words. " I need you too uh, 'Hold onto' him for me for a couple of years. Give 'im a home and nice food... Treat him like a mother would his son." He sounded desperate and depressed.

"I do have my own child to take care of as well..." Whispered Elizabeth, trying to figure out something.

"He could have a younger brother!" Jack tried to cheer up a bit, "Please? I promised I'd keep him safe and-" Jack was cut off.

"Okay, but for how long?"

"A few years. I'll visit often and I can take him back at fourteen." Jack hated himself for stooping so low. He shouldn't have to 'visit often'. He should be able to see his son everyday - but he can't, It's too much for him and his 'job'. "His name's Sean, what the northerners say instead of 'Jack', She found it hilarious..." He rambled sadly, getting carried away in memories.

'She' was Jack's deceased wife that no one knew about. She came from Ireland and was proud to be different. Jack had fallen off the radar from the Navy and bumped into her on a port somewhere off the eastern coast.

"Jack!" Elizabeth called clearly, snapping Sparrow from his thoughts.

"Yes? Oh right, right. Do we have a deal? I can go around pirating and looting all the ports I can find (as per usual) whilst I entrust you with my son, Sean, to grow up a normal life with a motherly figure and a sibling of some sort. For your side of it, I pay you what I can, when I can and I'll drop in and drop off a present for the family, savvy?"

Sean started to get bored and was also getting hungry. He was sure to make Elizabeth know that.

"Right! well then! I never thought I'd live to see the day when Jack Sparrow-" She was cut off when Jack interrupted with 'Captain', " -Captain Jack Sparrow comes to me for help!" Her accent was clean and crisp as every letter was understandable, unlike Jack's mumbled slur.

"Good day, Sparrow!" Elizabeth called when Jack had turned around with a defeated look on his face.

Jack arrived onto his ship and called for attention. "I'm feeling like Tortuga is a great place to stop, eh lads?" The crew cheered and roared with excitement at more supplies and better bedding. However, Joshamee Gibbs would not be so easily fooled. He casually walked up to his captain, who was standing at the helm, and started a very direct conversation.

Minutes had passed and Gibbs had got his information. He turned round and left Jack to his thoughts (which was a bad thing in itself to do) as he walked to the charting room. Whilst plotting a course, Gibbs thought about how dangerously low Jack was getting. The depressed captain was trying his hardest to break the sad weight on his chest as he let another family member go. Tortuga was the last place he wanted to go but he needed healthier crew members whilst the rest took a break.

Joshamee always looked out for Jack as they were best mates. But Joshamee knew what Jack was going through. When he worked for the king's Navy he had a gorgeous wife and a darling daughter. But all good things came to an end when he was suspected of piracy and his family were executed before they could escape with him. Gibbs then met Jack and rose up in the ranks to becoming his bos'un and first mate. Best friend was also on the list but Jack would never admit to it. Finishing with the chart, Joshamee stood up and walked up to the cockpit. Jack was staring at his compass blankly before shaking it and throwing it to the other side of the pale, wooden cockpit. Gibbs marched over and saw the red arrowhead pointed back towards Kingston Harbour where Sean was.

"Take the helm." Was all Gibbs heard as Jack left for his cabin, his coat swishing furiously as he stomped away. Before doing as told, Joshamee picked up the compass and shut it. His hands then grasped the sanded smooth helm of The Peregrin Falcon. He swung the bow around to aim between some rocks to keep to the chart.

It was hours till the captain showed himself. He called for Annamaria to take the helm and summoned Gibbs to his cabin. The wooden steps creaked as Gibbs stepped on them before he walked past the sleeping quarters and into Jack's cabin. He shut the painted door behind him and looked at his friend.

Jack looked terrible. His eyes were red (from crying or alcohol? Joshamee couldn't tell) and his coat was flung on the floor. His belt was on his desk with the captain's log.

"I can't do this." A swig of rum followed the statement.

"Aye ye can! twelve and a bit years will pass soon enough! You'll get the lad back" It was so easy to say, but Josh meant every word of it.

"It was about that. I can wait a few years - I hope- It was about her! Did I ever tell you about Her?" Jack slurred, surprising Gibbs as Jack never spoke about his wife. Joshamee didn't even know his captain was married until he was forced to build a small house for the couple. He was paid to do it but it irritated him slightly.

"She had such soft black hair, and eyes as blue as the sea we sail on! Her face was so pale but skin was soft. She was from Ireland! Accent and everything!" Jack grinned at his memory of her. It seemed so out-of-character to be so depressed but it was expected. A man was torn away from his newly wed wife and he had to give up his son for his sake of sanity. The men in the room fell silent as they both felt each others pain. Joshamee had drank a bottle of rum claiming "One of us must be sober" and stopped after his first bottle. Jack had soon fallen asleep - dreaming of his wife and son, A beautiful baby boy with his mothers eyes and chubby cheeks.

A/N - 

Might just stick to chapters of 1,000 or more words. I'll try to update regularly but eh, no promises.

Nice chattin' tae ya

Until next time

- Little Bird xx