XI. The Rematch

Kenji stood on top of his roof and watched the night sky after returning home from his duel with Grace. He was in deep thought. All he could think about was his duel against Yuko. Kenji wanted a rematch with Yuko for awhile now. Tammi found Kenji on the roof.

"Hey aren't you cold?" Tammi asked.

"I'm fine."

Tammi seemed worried. Seeing her brother so deep in thought made her sad. She knows that he's a dark and reserved person, but lately he's been out of it.

"Thinking about your rematch tomorrow?" Tammi asked.

"Yeah." Kenji kept having flashbacks of when he dueled Yuko.

*****

•Yuko(300): Draws. Activates Tora's effect and reveals a monster(2500 atk/3000 atk). Equips Tora with Megamorph(3000 atk/6000 atk). Attacks Thunder Yang Dragon with Tora. Activates Ego Boost(6000 atk/7000 atk). Destroys Thunder Yang Dragon with Tora. (Kenji:4000/0)

*****

"I have to win tomorrow." Kenji balled his fist. Ever since he lost to Yuko, he vowed to never lose again. "My dream is to become the best and I can't do that unless I beat Yuko."

"Ken..." Tammi stopped herself. She didn't want her brother worrying so much, but there was no way to convince Kenji to stop.

"I was caught off guard." Kenji closed his eyes. "That Tora card means so much to him. If only I can crush it and his spirit." Kenji kept thinking about how Yuko destroyed both of Kenji's aces. To Kenji, that was a sign vulnerability. He couldn't do anything to save his dragons. "I need a new strategy."

"Like what?"

Kenji began to walk inside and smiled. "I'm going to use this card." He flashed Tammi the card. Tammi gasped.

"Kenji you can't! You said you would never use that card unless..."

"Tammi, I know what I said." Kenji turned to his sister. His eyes gleamed like ice crystals. "But I'm going to use it no matter what." He turned away and walked inside. "Besides, it's not like he's going to come back anytime soon anyway. It's been years now. He's dead and we need to accept that."

*****

Yuko layed in his bed and looked out his window to watch the stars. He couldn't stop thinking about his victory against Kenji.

"I wonder if I'll be able to win again. Now that Kenji has seen me duel a few times, he could've planned something to use against me." Yuko closed his eyes. "This time, I might not be so lucky."

*****

Everyone sat in the Duel Arena and watched Yuko and Kenji walk in. Tammi and Benta sat by each other. They were eager to see who was going to reign victorious. The referee came in.

"Today is the year's second Duel-Off and what an epic duel we have today!!" The referee looked at both Yuko and Kenji. "Whoever wins this duel will be able to participate in the city's yearly National Tournament and represent our school!" Yuko wanted to participate in that tournament, but so did Kenji. "Now let's see our duelist! In the right, it's Kenji Itaru the Dragon Master and in the left is Yuko Sorama the Academy's Champion!"

"Good luck." Yuko said turning on his Duel Gear.

Kenji smirked. "You too."

"Duel!"

[DUEL START]

"I'll start off this rematch!"-Yuko

•Yuko(4000): Draws.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Xenusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें