Chapter 7

I slowly sat up in the soft fort, though not far since Gorse still held tightly onto me. He was fast asleep, tail twitching and an occasional mumble. I carefully slid out of his grasp and crawled out of the fort, into the rest of his room. It was dark since the drapes weren't pulled back. I could hear Gorse roll over inside the fort, he then crawled out as well.
"That was crazy *yawn* last night,"
He meowed tiredly standing up with me. 

He walked over to a clock and checked the time yawning again with a good stretch.

"It's early, but I should take you home anyways, Jade'll want you back after that crazy experience,"
Gorse said groggily.

He took my hand and we started on the way to Jade's. It was kinda cold in the cave today.

We walked for a bit until Gorse stopped, he seemed to be petrified. His nose twitched a little.

I know I'm not a cat and all, but I tried to see if I could smell what he could.

To my surprise a coppery scent filled the air not too far away.

"Gorse, what's that smell?"

"Uh-um, I-it's um-uh b-blood,"
He choked out nervously, I looked to see he'd summoned a spear with his magic, and was slightly sniffing around in a panicked way.

He started walking back towards the castle, I slowly followed after the ginger tabby. Instead of going inside he went around the side of it. While we were walking a fearful knot kept growing in my stomach.

We finally made it past the side and went around the back of the large building.

Suddenly Gorse stopped again.

"O-oh my s-stars......"
He mumbled frightened slowly backing up towards me. I couldn't see past him, so I had no idea what he saw, all I knew was that it didn't smell good and it was scaring Gorse.

I looked around him only to pause in horror.

Right in front of us was a bloody corpse, blood was splattered everywhere along with what seemed to be flesh. What ever did this, did it messily. The cat looked like it had been eaten after something gouged out its throat.

Through the matted bloody fur I could see a few bits of black and white.

"G-Gorse d-do you kn-know who I-it could b-be?"
I asked shakily.

Gorse just simply nodded in his terrified state.

"M-M-Mask,"
He whispered backing up, shaking and slouched fearfully.

He used his magic to do something and a screen like image appeared I front of him. It made a dialing noise like a phone would for a few minutes.

*click*

An image of Hazel appeared on it, he was in the lab.

"What is it?"

"Th-there's b-been a c-casualty,"
Gorse stuttered out.

Hazel looked shocked.

"Where are you?"

"B-behind the castle,"

"I'm on my way,"

*click*

Gorse made the calling image disappear and un summoned his spear.

He picked me up in a hug where I could no longer see the carnage, he wasn't looking at it either.

I heard the sound of what I guessed was Hazel using a portal to get here, I then heard what I guessed was it closing.