Chapter One

I'm breathing.  My body's aching.  And all I hear are loud beeps in the background.

I have no idea where I am or what happened. Heck, I can't even remember my last and most recent memory. All I know is I feel different, like a piece of me is missing. I don't know what or even if it's an inanimate object, all I know is what I feel and what my body is currently craving - but I can't do anything to do something about it.

The only emotion I have is fear. Fear of not knowing what's going on and why I feel like my body is paralyzed. My brain wants to move my fingers - my toes but nothing moves. Which makes me even more scared, causing my heart to race and the loud beep go faster and louder.

"Chloee?! Are you okay? Can she hear me?" I hear someone frantically say, quickly grabbing my hand and it instantly warms up my cold skin.

"Geez Rose.. You're so cold.." The manly voice whispers. Who is this? And who's this "Rose"?

"I'm sorry Mr. Black, but you can't be in here. Only family." I hear a soft, kind voice say gently and the hold on my hand tightens.

"But I am her family!" This Mr. Black dude shouts, making my heart pick up more in fear.

"Jacob." Another firm, deep voice says on the other side of the room.

"Sam, I can't." Jacob plea's but my mind wanders off to Sam. What is he doing here? Where am I?

Most importantly, where's my mom?

~*~

*Jacobs P.O.V*

"Sam, I can't just leave her in there!" I angrily argue, walking down the white hallway with the man I call my brother.

"Jacob, I know. But you heard the nurse." He sighs, rubbing his tiresome face as he opens a door into the waiting room.

"I am her family. Hell, even more so because she's my imprint." I hiss, approaching the rest of the pack who are all anxiously waiting for an update.

"How is she?"

"Is she okay?"

"What's going on?"

Everyone talks over one another and I just sit in the blue plastic chair, crossing my arms as I wait for Sam to update the worrisome pack.

"Jake..." My dad says, wheeling himself over to me and I look at him, seeing a look of worry crossing his features. "How is she?" He asks, patting my knee.

"In a coma... They won't let me see her until she's stable." I say angrily, the wolf inside me craving to be close to its imprint; my imprint.

"Do they know when she'll be out?" Paul asks, staring at me from across the room and I just shake my head.

"Something else is wrong guys.. I know it." I say, looking around the room. "And I don't know if there's anything I can do to fix it." I add, looking down at my lap with my eyebrows bunched.

"What do you think is wrong?" Emily sweetly asks, rubbing my tensed back.

"I don't know.." I whisper, looking up at the smell of a sickeningly sweet scent. Curiosity crosses my features as I share a look with my two best friends - Embry and Quil - as Dr. Carlisle walks over to us.