Chapter Nine

I slowly start to wake up, rubbing my eyes gently as a small yawn escapes my lips. I look around the room to try and get my surroundings until I remember that I fell asleep on top of Jacob. I smile softly, remembering how sweet and concerned he was that I didn't sleep last night.

I look up, seeing his peaceful face before looking back down, seeing my right hand placed on his chest before I start to trail patterns against his tee with my finger, my eyes fixated on the swirls I'm creating against his shirt.

I feel a rumble under my head, Jacobs hands rubbing up my back - my tank being pulled up due to the movement - and back down my back.

"Hello.." Jacob says, his voice groggy and husky from sleeping.

"Hi.." I softly say, biting my bottom lip as I try to stop myself from blushing. Who knew someone could actually sound attractive?

I look up at him and he looks down at me, a smile on his face as one of his hands plays with my hair.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Better, thanks to you." I smile softly, watching the smile grow on Jacobs face.

"I'm glad." I nod, neither one of us daring to break eye contact.

He leans in, giving me a soft kiss on my forehead before checking the time on his phone the putting his phone away.

"You hungry?" He asks, sitting the both of us up.

I'm back in the straddling position, his warm hands on my lower back as we continue to look at each other.

I smile softly, patting his chest before getting up and standing. "Starving."

Jacob chuckles, standing up before leading me to the kitchen and I follow right behind him. I hop up on the counter, watching as he looks around for what to make.

He gives me a look before closing the fridge, walking over to me and opening my legs to stand between them. "Kinda don't have food.." He says, placing his hands on either side of me, making my heart thump and race.

"Kinda?" I giggle, watching a smile grow on his face.

"What can I say? I normally eat at Sam and Emily's or go out to grab a bite with my dad." He quickly defends himself and I laugh, covering my mouth with my hand.

Jacob chuckles, leaning forward. "Wanna go out and grab a bite?" He quickly adds, his face close to mine.

I watch as his eyes bounce back and forth from my eyes to my lips before staying focused on my eyes.

I smile softly, keeping my hands on my lap as I lean forward, not breaking eye contact, before coming inches apart from his lips. What is happening to me?

Jacob leans down, coming closer to meet me before our lips brush softly against each other. He pulls back but I stay in place. For a minute I thought that he was going to say 'no, I have a girlfriend' but, to my surprise, he leans back down and gently places his lips against mine.

The kiss is soft and gentle, nothing aggressive, our lips are molding perfectly together. We pull away from each other, me rubbing my lips together to savor the kiss before making eye contact with him.

He leans in to kiss me again before someone starts banging on his front door, causing us to pull away from each other and a groan to escape Jacobs mouth.

"I'm gonna go get that.." He slowly says, smiling softly as he leaves the kitchen to get the door.

I hop off the counter, a smile on my lips before I start to move out of the kitchen but quickly stop.