Chapter Twelve

"So you girls are having a girls night?" Sam asks for the billionth time.

After my nap, we all had to watch a scary movie - Collin's idea - and Emily thought that once the movie was over, it would be a great idea to tell Sam that we're kicking the boys out to have a girls night in. Ever since, Sam keeps asking the same question and telling Emily that he doesn't feel comfortable with us being alone without one of them there.

Turns out it wasn't that great of an idea.

"Yes, Sam. It's just one night. We'll be fine!" Emily sighs, crossing her arms as she gives him a look.

I slowly turn my gaze away from the feuding couple as my eyes meet with Leah's. She smiles softly at me and I return the grin, crossing my arms over my chest as I lean back into the couch, my head resting against the soft cushion.

"So you girls are going to have a night in? What if something terrible happens?" Brady begins, elbowing Collin to continue.

"Yeah, what if a masked murderer comes and kills all of you?" Collin taunts, acting out on of the scenes from the movie with Brady.

I roll my eyes, rubbing my face. First the nightmare then a scary movie. Sounds like I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. Not.

"Leave them alone." Jacob says, sitting next to me as he puts a gentle hand on my knee.

"Do you need anything from my place?" He slowly asks, his eyes gently staring into mine as he waits for a response.

I shake my head, rubbing my arms together. "No, I should be fine." I smile softly at him, enjoying the warmth of his hand on my cold knee.  

"Right Chloee?" Emily's voice pierces through our moment and I quickly snap my eyes at her, a look of confusion on my face.

"What?" I slowly say, bringing my knees to my chest - causing Jacob's hand to fall off my knee as I quickly regret moving, craving his touch. What's happening to me?

"Leah and Kim are going to hangout with us. So it wont just be us. Right?" She asks again and I smile, slowly nodding.

Part of me just wants to go back to Jacob's and sleep there. I feel more safe with him an- No, snap out of it, Chloee! It's going to be a good night and hopefully you'll convince them that you're better off with them and not him! I scold myself as I keep my smile, shooing the thoughts away.

Sam sighs, rubbing his face as he finally gives in. "Fine. But no one can leave the house!" He insists, looking Emily deep in the eyes and holding onto her like his life depended on it.

"I make no promises." I tease in a sing-song voice. My brother gives me a look, challenging me and I just smile, sticking my tongue out at him.

This is going to be interesting.

~*~

"Bye guys!" Emily smiles, shooing them all out before closing the wooden door.

In the dining room stands me, Leah, Emily, and Kim. Kim seems like a very sweet girl and, according to her, we used to hangout every so often. Maybe I started to like it here and slowly made some friends...

"What shall we do?" Kim's sweet voice breaks through the silence, all eyes directing their gaze onto her.

"Play a game?"

"Watch a movie?"

"We can bake!"

All three girls throw out ideas, their voices filling the room as I slowly make my way towards the recliner. I sit down on the red chair, bringing my knees up to my chest as I rest my chin on them. What exactly happened when I was here?