024

:: DAY SEVEN
—8:07 PM KST

SEOKJIN : honestly, i thought you were joking when you said you would take us out for dinner.

YOONGI : of course i would! you guys are letting me stay at your house, and i don't know how grateful i am. as soon as everything clears up,

JEONGGUK : and a sushi buffet too; are you sure you could afford it?

YOONGI : i'm not broke. i'm fine. [ hands plates out to jeongguk and seokjin ] eat as much as you want.

JEONGGUK : thank you so much, yoongi.

SEOKJIN : yeah. oh my god.

YOONGI : [ looks at the plates of sushi ] i should be the one thanking you. so, seokjin, i haven't talked to you much about you, actually. how have you been after high school?

SEOKJIN : i've been good. [ hesitates ] i'm doing just fine.

YOONGI : [ narrows eyes at seokjin, grabs a cup and starts filling it up with sweet tea ] are you really?

SEOKJIN : um...well, my family isn't in much of a good position right now in financial terms. i'm working for...something that you might find disgusting and dumb, but it pays a lot, so...yeah. that's how my life is right now. [ looks down at his feet ]

YOONGI : [ scratches at the back of his head ] oh. i won't pry too much. but what is it that you're doing?

SEOKJIN : um...it's kind of like a side job...but i'd rather not say.

YOONGI : oh.

SEOKJIN : but to change the topic...i really admire you, yoongi.

YOONGI : [ twitches ] what?

SEOKJIN : you're staying so strong through this weird thing that's happening to you...you've been like that for as long as i can remember. i really admire that about you, yoongi.

YOONGI : ....

SEOKJIN : are you okay? you're really pale. well, paler than before. [ chuckles ] ...yoongi?

YOONGI : um, it's nothing. thanks, jin.