finale.

:: DAY ELEVEN
—12:00 AM

jeongguk scoffed at the texts that yoongi had received a few hours ago from seokjin. without opening them, he shut yoongi's phone down; he wouldn't need it for a while.

he stood up, stretching briefly before relaxing his tense muscles. for about four hours straight, he had been working on a new project of his—he had sat himself down for a few consecutive hours, bending his back over. he groaned in satisfaction when a bone popped.

jeongguk took time to stand back and admired the masterpiece that he had made. he was quite proud of it, even if it stained his hands and his clothes a little.

it was certainly hard to drain all the blood from yoongi's body. he thought the easiest method would be to hang his dead body upside down by his ankles, cut the artery from his neck, and to place a bucket underneath to catch all the bodily fluids. he cursed himself when he saw spots of crimson red dotting the floor around it; he had not been meticulous enough.

jeongguk placed the large, filled black trash bags by the entrance to the room—he had put the rest of his body back there, and cutting it up into portions weren't too much of a hassle, especially since most—if not all—the blood had been drained out prior to cutting.

he walked towards the living room table, putting on his gloves that were made out of yoongi's own leather that covered his hands and possibly the lower half of his arm. jeongguk admired it, his eyes gleaming as he held them up into the dimming light. same fingerprints, same everything; jeongguk had never felt so...complete.

lastly, he picked up the center piece, which was possibly the one that was the most time consuming.

jeongguk stretched the mask back to fit his own head, his breathing amplified and his sight became slightly more hindered, but it didn't matter. he was wearing yoongi's face—even if it was covered in stitches and the mouth open into a small, silent scream, he was content with it. jeongguk wrinkled his nose at the smell of raw flesh and blood, but was in a satisfied mood nonetheless.

he began to giggle uncontrollably when he remembered the feeling, the rush of adrenaline spiked with a sense of slight guilt when he ran the knife down yoongi's skin. jeongguk made sure to savor the screams and the inhuman noises that escaped yoongi's mouth as blood seeped through the cuts and openings on his body. jeongguk felt a little guilty for not giving him a sedative, but what was done was done; he fulfilled his task, after all.

of course, it had slightly deviated from his original goal, which was to make yoongi famous and to shower him with the attention that he deserved. but that was slowly pushed out of his conscience when he saw yoongi in the flesh—his selfish and human side began to open its curtains, and now he was craving to be him, the childhood hero of his.

jeongguk stepped back and sank into the couch. it felt good, being someone other than him for once—especially when that 'someone' is the very idol that he had been chasing after, researching, and in lack of a better word, observing. he tried to observe yoongi's every little action, because jeongguk was so desperate to become him; the resulting actions weren't of the best scenario, but he couldn't control that.

after all, there can only be one.

END.

[ a / n ] ;
check out the note at the end pls ! thank you <3 + and btw i wrote this at 4 am and i was falling asleep so if something is weird just tell me lol