043

:: DAY NINE
—3:16 AM KST

YOONGI : ...what?

TAEHYUNG : i asked you a question, yoongi. questions are meant to be answered.

YOONGI : [ his hands begin to shake ] w-what do you mean, acting skills? [ shifts slightly away from taehyung ]

TAEHYUNG : mine, of course! [ begins to laugh ]

YOONGI : [ slightly bewildered, unknowingly backs up into a wall ] t-taehyung? i'm—i'm really confused—

TAEHYUNG : do i really have to put the puzzle pieces all together for you? [ laughs, voice slightly distorts into a higher pitch ] i'm disappointed, min yoongi. i expected much better from you.

YOONGI : w-what do you mean, expected? and what's wrong with your voice?

TAEHYUNG : it's been fun, yoongi, but i'll need to take my precautions.

YOONGI : ...what? [ begins to have cold sweats, rubs his palms together ] w-what, taehyung, why are you suddenly—

TAEHYUNG : taehyung is—well, has been—a fun toy to play with. wouldn't you agree, yoongi? he's always there for your convenience. it's nice, isn't it? having a puppet to drag around?

YOONGI : d-don't talk about him like that...who the hell are you?

TAEHYUNG : curious? [ chuckles in amusement ] i must repeat myself, again—i'm truly disappointed.

YOONGI : just show yourself—i will strangle you if you don't. i don't know what kind of illusion you put on yourself to make you look like taehyung, but y-you really aren't—

TAEHYUNG : [ volume of his laughter increasingly grows louder ] you don't want to do that. trust me. i'm—no, i should say you—are already wanted. there's a sketch of your face all over the news. it won't be soon until they catch up.

YOONGI : [ yells ] then show yourself!

TAEHYUNG : [ smirks ] don't get too disappointed, yoongi. i live for the look of surprise on your face—it almost makes me want to put it in my mouth and savor it.

YOONGI : [ turns head away, grits teeth—he tightens his grip on the hem of his shirt ] what the actual fuck do you even mean?

TAEHYUNG : god knows. [ scratches at his neck ]

YOONGI : [ hears muffled screaming, thumping noises begin to increase in noise level; chills go up his spine. his eyes dart back and forth between the source of the noise and the one supposedly to be taehyung ] please, explain what's happening. please. i beg of you.

TAEHYUNG : [ begins to peel off a layer from the base of his neck—at first glance, it looks like dead skin, but it is plaster ]

YOONGI : [ eyes widen, his heart frantically thumps against his chest ] ...what the fuck?

TAEHYUNG : [ the plaster reaches his chin, taehyung pulls it off by pulling on the edge in an upwards fashion to tug it up, separating it from his body ]

YOONGI : [ heart drops in disbelief ] no. no, no, no. i-i should've known.

TAEHYUNG : [ smiles ] have you missed me, yoongi?

[ a/n ] ;
super random but i want to start a new humor fic (more like 484758 new fics tho) but i have no motivation, time, or the energy rip. btw thanks for 4K votes, 20K+ reads & 40K+ reads on purgatory and 6K+ votes !