Chapter: 5-6

Chapter 5

“Poor Louis, losing first act in first show, again” laughed Nicola, sipping her champagne.

“Ssssh!” laughed Cheryl, “he might hear, I’ll never hear the bloody end of it if he does”.

“Meh, he should be used to it by now” said Nicola, struggling to focus on Cheryl as she put her champagne glass on the tray of a passing waiter and grabbed her fourth.

“Well, yeah, but I refuse to rub his nose in it.  You never know how he might choose to get me back, and I’m not having him taking it out on my acts”, Cheryl shook her head at the waiter offering her a fresh glass of champagne.

“Yeah, he can be a vindictive little sod” said Nicola, her eyes narrowing.

Cheryl looked at Kimberley, silently pleading with her to shut Nicola up.  Kimberley laughed.   “Where are we going after the party, Nic?” 

Her attempt at distraction worked.  “Oooh me and Sarah have got it all planned out, don’t you worry.  Sarah!” called Nicola, moving away from the girls.

“Thank god for that!” laughed Cheryl, touching Kimberley’s arm and giving it a squeeze.  Kimberley smiled, taking a sip of her drink.  

“It’ll be nice – going out with the girls, haven’t been out for a while have we?”

“No, we haven’t have we?” replied Cheryl, pretending to inspect Kimberley’s watch but in fact she was tenderly stroking her wrist.

Kimberley raised an eyebrow.  “You should know what my watch looks like – you bought it!”

“I was checking the time, actually”, replied Cheryl, looking up into Kimberley’s eyes and winking, but still keeping hold of her arm.  “Wondering how long we’ve got left with the girls” and she lowered her voice to a whisper, leaning in closer, “and how long till bedtime”.

Kimberley laughed, pulling away and downing the rest of her glass in one go.  “I think we should make a start on this clubbing thing with the others.  Sooner we get dancing, sooner we can get tired and go home to bed”, and she winked at Cheryl.

“Good plan, good plan,” nodded Cheryl, “let me go and say bye to a few people – you get the girls, meet you by that plant over there in 2” and she winked, pointing to a large plant by the cloakroom, and made her way over to Simon.  

-------------------------

“Sarah, get your coat, let’s get to these clubs – me and Cheryl are ready for dancing”, said Kimberley, grabbing Sarah by the waist and pulling her towards the cloakroom.

“Niiiiiiic” called Sarah, as Nic was about to order at the bar.  “No!  We’re going dancing”.

Nicola smiled back, nodding and joined them at the cloakroom.

“Wooooo” called Nicola, shaking her boobs in Cheryl’s direction as Cheryl made her way over to them at the cloakroom.

Cheryl laughed, “Wooooo” she called back, shimmying, before taking her coat from Kimberley and putting it on.  “Right, let’s go dancing!” and she took hold of Kimberley’s hand, pulling her towards the door.

As they left the studios through the main door, flashing lights lit up the sky.  “Cheryl!” came the shout, repeating itself over and over again from all directions.  All four girls squinted, adjusting to the sudden unexpected bright light.  

“Hang on, ladies, we’ll have to get you to the car”, Kimberley felt her arm being held by a security guard and she tried to smile gratefully.