1 | patient #361

1 | PATIENT #361

Veronica's heels annoyingly clacked against the asylum's cold linoleum floors

Veronica's heels annoyingly clacked against the asylum's cold linoleum floors. Veronica Robinson M.D. had been working at that psychiatric hospital for almost 5 months now and none of the patients she has tended to, yet, were quite as dangerous as the one she was about to be assigned to.

"Dr. Robinson!" A psychologist, Dr. Quinzel, rushed over to Veronica.

Veronica raised a brow. None of the experienced doctors in the hospital ever took notice of her; mostly because they disliked her for being so good at her job from the start. "Yes, Doctor—?"

"Quinzel," the psychologist firmly shook her hand, then cut to the chase, "I have a new patient, I'm sure you've read about patient #361..." Dr. Quinzel spoke so fast that Veronica couldn't even tell her that she had never heard of patient #361.

"Well... the psychiatrist that was on my team..." the blonde coughed awkwardly, "was attacked by the patient, and has been hospitalized since."

Veronica widened her eyes in disbelief. "The doctor has been hospitalized?" Dr. Quinzel nodded rapidly.

"I need you on my team, Doctor." Quinzel pleaded.

"The board said that I was prepared to work with patients of critical condition—" Veronica began.

"They have cleared you now. Help me, Dr. Robinson, you're my only hope." Quinzel was practically begging at this point.

"Okay, I'll need the patients file. I'll read over the patient and have my diagnostics for him by tomorrow morning; then I'll be ready to have a session with patient #361." Veronica spun on her heel to go visit another patient of hers.

"Mr. J," Quinzel said, and Veronica turned around, with a confused look on her face, "he likes to be called Mr. J." Veronica eyed her suspiciously, then nodded slowly.

"Okay, Doctor Quinzel..." Veronica said.

"Please, call me Harleen." Veronica warmed up to her and smiled.

"Then you have to call me Nikki. It's a childhood nickname, only my friends call me that." Harleen smiled and nodded, turning around and speeding away to go back to her patient.

an: so basically this book is gonna be short af. i hope you guys liked this chapter even though nothing happen lol, ill update again soon