6 | villains

________________
DISCLAIMER:
Insanity, plausible foul
language, suggestive
content
________________

6 | VILLAINS

The hunger for power, jealousy, fear and mistakes

The hunger for power, jealousy, fear and mistakes. All of those, and more, are reasons. Reasons as to why most people who were born to be the hero, grew up to become the villains.

Those villains had achilles heels, or weaknesses, which made them vulnerable to the good-guys. It made those villains look harmless because they had something to live for, they had aspirations. But... what about the few who were villains... because they had nothing else to live for?

THOSE WERE THE VILLAINS that could keep even Batman up at night, worrying if they were out prowling in the night.

Veronica Robinson, with a new, queer, alias of Nikki Robin, was that villain. She had nothing to lose and nothing to live for.

Nikki was soon to be the most feared criminal in Gotham.

* * *

"Who is this?" Nikki vigorously spoke into the intercom.

The intercom speaker was still producing a light buzzing sound when the other person spoke again. "You're worst nightmare." The man introduced. Then, he followed his introduction with a peculiar laugh; a laugh that only one person (of Nikki's knowledge) had: The Joker.

Nikki gritted her teeth, her pent up rage was prepared to lash out on her infatuation whom had led her to her current situation. However, she put on a show of happiness and longing for him. Mostly because, she needed him to get her out of that penitentiary. Partly because, she was undeniably swooning over him.

"Mr. J?" Nikki tried her best to sound as calm as possible, her anger had been slowly consuming her personality over time, and almost all of her old self would soon be gone.

She could feel Mr. J's chilling smile linger through the silent intercom. "Step away from the door, sweetheart." Mr. J instructed, and Nikki obeyed.

Minutes passed and Nikki became impatient with the returning silence. She neared the intercom to see if Mr. J was still there. However, as soon as she pressed the intercom button, a strong force impacted her side; forcing her to slam against the concrete wall. The door had exploded open.

Nikki groaned in pain as she shriveled up onto the floor. She could feel some broken ribs as she rolled over, attempting to get up. "Let's go—" Mr. J began when he stepped into the room, but stopped when he saw Nikki on the floor, trembling.

"Don't move," He barked as he bent over and scanned her body, but then discerned what his attitude was to be with Nikki, "we don't have time for this." He said in an irritated tone and turned on his heel.

Nikki grated her teeth, seeking a distraction from the sharp pain in her lower chest. "You're an inconsiderate ass. Can't you see that I am in pain?" Nikki growled, her blood boiling.

Mr. J looked down on her, superiorly. "Harley! Get in here." He shouted, continuing to bore his eyes, with displeasure, into Nikki's skull.

Instantly, a platinum-blonde, with hints of blue and pink dye in her hair, with scandalous clothing skipped into the room. It only took Nikki seconds to realize who she was and what Mr. J had done to her ex-coworker.

"Harleen? You look—" Nikki was interrupted, however, she didn't mind. Nikki was too busy fathoming what the doctor she used to know had become.

"—great, right?" Harley finished for Nikki, checking herself out.

"Actually..." Nikki began to snark.

"Puddin'! What'd ya need me for?" Harley pressed herself against Mr. J. Nikki averted her eyes from the image; for a new, strange, fizzy feeling enveloped her body; causing her to fidget and want to rip Harley's head off.

"Darling, could you please assist Dr. Veronica Robinson." Joker placed a quite long, passionate kiss on Harley's lips; teasing Nikki.

Nikki coughed, awkwardly. "I changed my name. It's Nikki Robin now. The guard said I needed to change my name. To be called that, officially." Nikki spoke quickly, endeavoring to redirect the conversation. Joker and Harley disregarded her, seeing that they were entranced in each other's eyes.

What Nikki did not know, was that Joker was only pretending. Just as she had been. Joker had craved for Nikki to envy others for his consideration, owing to the fact that he had envied others for her regard.

Nikki bit the insides of her cheeks until she could feel blood flood her mouth. She was envious, just as Joker wanted her to be, of Harley.

"Oh! Sorry, Quakes! I got a little lost there." Harley giggled, giving Nikki a new nickname.

"Actually, Harls, I'll take care of Quakes." Mr. J nodded, imitated her nickname for Nikki, then shooed her. Harley shrugged and skipped away, perkily.

Nikki and Mr. J observed Harley's depart. Once Nikki was sure she was far enough away, she told Mr. J: "You're going straight to hell for doing that to her."

"I'm not a bad person, am I?" Mr. J asked, sarcastically and laughed.

"Yes! You are!" Nikki exclaimed, shocked at his utter ignorance.

Mr. J picked Nikki up, ignoring her response, and placed her on her feet. "Can you walk?" Mr. J questioned, pulling up her shirt to see bruising beginning to form and few ribs sticking out in odd places.

"I'm going to need a doctor." Nikki grumbled after she perceived her injuries. Immediately, she yanked her shirt down, spotting Joker's wandering eyes.

Mr. J rolled his eyes. "What? It's not like I haven't seen any of this before."

"And you are never going to see 'any of this' again." Nikki crossed her arms, beginning to cautiously make her way out of the room.

Mr. J smirked, "Are you sure about that, sweetheart?"

"You've got Harley." Nikki smirked playfully back at him.

Mr. J was silent, and continued to follow Nikki out of the penitentiary; making sure she wouldn't collapse or get hurt again. For once, in his life, he had finally cared about someone, and it was exhausting.

________________
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I know, it's trash and
this is definitely not
what you waited all this
time for. I'm sorry :(

what was your favorite part?
what are you looking forward to?
________________