3 | secrets

3 | SECRETS

Veronica had practiced her best poker face the entire night before her second session with Mr

Veronica had practiced her best poker face the entire night before her second session with Mr. J. She was anxious to have to bare another meeting with him. Nevertheless, she knew that it had to be done; it was her job.

After handling her other patients, she took her time to make it over to Mr. J's room. Despite her intentional slow stroll down to his door, she seemed to have arrived quite rapidly. Before she went in, she questioned herself. Should she go in? Or run away and find a new patient?

Half of her craved to go inside again and the other half screamed for her to scurry off.

Nikki's mind wasn't clear and she let temptation take over her body. She swung open the door and revealed: Mr. J sitting, patiently, at the metal table and chair.

Nikki cleared her throat. "Good evening, Mr. J." She greeted. He simply leaned forward in his chair, intimidatingly.

"Today, we will be having our first conversational session. You've done this before, with Dr. Quinzel. In case you forgot, I'll ask you questions and you will answer them honestly." Mr. J nodded curtly and curled his lips upward. Nikki looked down at her notepad and began reading out the questions.

"What is your occupation?" Nikki read.

"I'm the "Bad Guy"." Joker laughed.

Veronica slightly groaned, annoyed at his immediate sarcasm. "No job? Career? Like... a pharmacist?" She said, giving an example.

"A doctor?" Joker asked, pretending to understand what a pharmacist was.

Nikki bobbed her head up and down, excited for him to cooperate. "Yes! Ahem... Yes." She said. She was thrilled at first, but instantaneously reestablished her poker face.

"Well... I have used the same tools as doctors before... On people too. It was quite fun." Joker smiled, revealing his grills.

Nikki shook her head in disappointment, she was a bit agitated at this point. "Moving on... What do you fear the most?" Mr. J appeared to enjoy this question very much.

"Nothing," he laughed, "what about you, Nikki? What do you fear the most? Wait, wait... I think I know!.. It's me." He laughed, once again, in his usual style.

Veronica huffed in frustration. "If you're not going to take this seriously, Mr. J, I might as well leave. Am I a joke to you? Because if I am, I will be sure to get you on some meds that you will never wake up from again!" She hissed, her blood bubbling with rage.