2 | it's nikki

2 | IT'S NIKKI

 Veronica, or Nikki, went hard on studying her patient's file the night before

Veronica, or Nikki, went hard on studying her patient's file the night before. However, everything that was printed on paper wasn't enough for Nikki. She needed to see him for herself, so when the next day rolled around; she was the first visitor Mr. J had got.

"You must be my new doctor." Mr. J looked her up and down, scanning her and he began laughing hysterically.

Nikki rolled her eyes. "You must be my new patient." She scoffed.

"So what are you gonna do to me? Doctor...?" He began, insinuating for her to finish.

"...Robinson. But you can call me Veronica, since we are still on good terms." Nikki said, then began digging through her bag for her medical tools to begin a regular check up for his basic health.

"What about a nickname?" He leaned closer to her over the table.

"What about a— no." Nikki digressed.

Mr. J stared at her in awe momentarily. "...I like you. You're not at all like Harley. Don't get me wrong, Harley is nice to look at and all, but she needs some work. She's too sweet for my taste." Joker looked her up and down.

"The only person here that, quote, "needs work" is you, Mr. J. Leave Dr. Quinzel out of your mischief." Nikki hissed. Joker leaned away from the table, sitting sloppily in his metal chair.

"Guards!" Nikki called over the security that was stationed at the door.

"Is everything okay Dr. Robinson?" The chief asked, glancing over at Joker.

"I need him on that exam bed," she pointed, "over there."

"Right away, Doctor." The guard scurried away to gather the other guards. The few seconds that the two were alone were the most awkward seconds of Veronica's life. All Joker did was stare at her with no sense of embarrassment.

"Mr. J, could you please... not do that?" Veronica was fed up with his game.

"Do what, Dr. Robin— Veronica." Joker smirked.

"You are my patient, Mr. J. This is my workplace. Maybe, and I doubt it, if you were at a bar or something and approached me; I'd consider— why am I even saying this? I would never!" Veronica rambled.

"Never?" Mr. J asked, and silence followed, "...like I said, Dr. Robinson, I like you." He smirked and laughed. His laugh threw her off, it was a bit, creepy. It was airy and long, as if he had run out of breath after each sound of amusement.

Soon after their brief commentary, the guards piled in and moved him over to the examination bed. "If something happens, just scream for help. We will be right outside of the room." One of the guards informed, and Veronica nodded.

The guards were quicker to leave than to come in and soon enough Mr. J was sitting at the examination bed waiting for Veronica. "Now, Mr. J, I am going to take off your shirt. Is that okay?"

"If it's okay with you, Veronica." He laughed again.

She scoffed. Veronica peeled off his mandatory straitjacket and quickly cuffed him to the bed. Nimbly, she unbuttoned his shirt and exposed his chest. She grabbed her stethoscope and pressed it to his heart. One hand pressed the stethoscope and the other lightly touched his abdomen.

"Any medical conditions I should be aware about? For prescribing proper medication." Veronica asked.

"I seem to have cabin fever. Though, a nice walk outside of this place would cure me right away." He laughed in his signature way.

"Okay then, I'll be sure to get you the strongest stuff we have in stock." Veronica scribbled her notes down on her chart. She then dug through her bag, looking for a thermometer.

"Dammit, I forgot the thermometer." Nikki combed through her hair with her fingers. She groaned and got closer to Mr. J. So, she simply placed her hand, gently, onto his forehead.

"I'm going to have to make something up, it's too late to go looking for one with the other doctors." She felt for some heat on his face, roughly finding an estimate to write down on his chart. Because Veronica was so close Joker took his chance and locked his lips onto hers.

Veronica, for a fleeting second, didn't pull back; she had been having a strange feeling developing in the pit of her stomach for a while now. And when he kissed her, her stomach had flopped to the floor. Immediately after, she pushed him away forcefully.

"What the hell was that?!" Veronica yelled at him. She stepped back a few steps and pulled a gun out of her bag and aimed it at Mr. J.

"What do we have here? You own a gun?!" Mr. J pretended to act shocked, "Every minute with you just gets better and better."

"Why the fuck would you..." She gagged, "kiss me?!" She spat, fumes were spurting out of her ears at this point. All Joker did was smirk, knowing that she, deep down, liked it.

"Do you even know how to use that?" Mr. J nodded over at her gun.

Veronica was silent for a moment. "Nope." She said then sprinted to the door, but stopped before swinging it open and leaving.

"You must've done the same thing to Dr. Quinzel, huh?" Veronica scoffed, still in shock at his actions.

"No. I only kiss the hot ones." Joker laughed.

"And she's not?" Veronica asked.

Mr. J smiled, showing off his grills. "Not yet."

Veronica turned around and placed her hand on the handle of the iron door, but stopped herself before opening it. "You asked for a nickname earlier:...it's Nikki." Veronica said, then darted out of the room before Mr. J could say anything else.

an: did you like it? leave a comment telling me which was your favorite part!