Chapter 42

~Chris's POV~

It wasn't long until we arrived at the banquet. Everyone was all dressed up in gowns and tuxedos as they made their way inside.

Gabby was looking out the window as we pulled up in the front.

"I hate dresses." She flatly said as we slid out from the limo.

I held her hand as she stood up and smirked. "If you want..I can take it off of you no problem." I whispered in her ear.

I saw her cheeks turn a slight shade of red. "You would like that wouldn't you Mr.Player?" She smirked back at me.

"Woah! I thought I was Mr.Sexyback!?" I chuckled as Ace escorted Lexis out of the limo.

"Shh! Stop being so flirty and crap! Lexis and Ace are going to hear you." She jokingly hushed me.

"Ah c'mon! I'm just having some fun Gabs! We did work our asses off in sports all year and now we can finally let loose and have fun." I replied.

"Ace and Lexis are busy laughing and flirting with each other anyways! They aren't paying attention to us." I looked back at them and saw them holding hands.

"They are so cute together." Gabs smiled as she looked back at them too.

"Yeah, sure." I looked back at Gabby.

"Do you think were are cute Chris?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No." I replied.

She narrowed her eyebrows and squeezed my hand tight as hell.

"Damn Gabs!" I winced in pain.

"I don't think were cute, I think were hot." I smirked as I was satisfied with my answer.

"What the hell Chris?" She giggled.

"Well you asked!" I smiled as we entered the banquet.

There were tables everywhere and people were sitting wherever they liked. I found a table with four seats towards the front.

Gabby, Lexis, Ace, and I all sat down and some fancy drinks were immediately brought up to us by a waitress.

I took a sip of my drink and it tasted like some sort of tropical punch.

Gabby and Lexis were mindlessly chatting about all the dresses and giggling to each other.

"Hey dude do you know why they keep giggling?" I asked Ace who was sitting next to me.

"Nah, I don't understand girls and their little talks." He looked at Lexis and Gabby.

Needless to say we don't understand girls very well.

The award show started and the coaches were standing up on the stage talking about how nice everyone looked and the order of awards they were going to give out.

They began with the tennis teams and started naming individuals who had won competitions and shown outstanding performances in their sport.

"Next we will begin with the leadership and sportsmanship awards. These awards will be rewarded to two athletes from each school who have proved that they are a team player and have helped others." A coach announced from the microphone.

"Will the following athletes please come up to the stage.

"Hannah Balero, Michael Wilson, George Daniels, Gabrielle Evans, Brad Stanson, Courtney Ramirez, Rachel Adams, and Sebastian Johnston."

I nearly choked on my stupid tropical punch drink when I heard that idiot's name called out.

"Oh my gosh!" Gabby happily cheered as she walked up to the stage.

The whole audience began to clap loudly as Gabby and the rest walked on the stage.

And not too far behind her, was of course damn Sebastian.

I gave him a death glare as I saw him smirking behind Gabs.

"Hey Chris! Look Sebastian has the same tux as you!" Lexis laughed.

I looked at his stupid tux real fast.

"No he's not." I snapped.

"Yeah he is you dummy! Look at the front of his suit. By the pocket you can see the same designer label that you have on yours." She rolled her eyes.

I took another glance and noticed it was the same tux.

"Damnit!" I narrowed my eyebrows and slouched in my chair.

Out of all the tuxedo shops here, that blonde bastard had to pick the same tux that I had!

I looked back to the stage and saw Sebastian hugging Gabby and following her off backstage.

"That damn creep." I crossed my arms.

"Someone is jealous." Ace chuckled.

"I ain't jealous. Plus I don't even know why the hell Sebastian won that award from my school if he starts fights and talks shit about everyone." I mumbled.

"Well he must have done something right if he won." Lexis said.

I noticed that the rest of the people who had won the awards were already walking back to their tables. Everyone except Gabby and Sebastian.

"Where are they?" I scanned the room to see if they were walking back anytime soon. I couldn't see them anywhere.

"Calm down crazy ass! Gabby is probably fixing her hair or something backstage." Lexis snapped at me.

"Then where is Sebastian huh? That bast-"

"And athlete of the year award goes to Chris Stratford!" The announcer cheerfully called out.

The bright spotlight was right on me and I was looking like a deer at headlights. I was surprised as hell.

The crowd bursted with applauses and whistling.

I was still sitting there like an idiot, not really sure what was happening.

"Go on the stage dude!" Ace lightly pushed me up from my chair and I began to snap out of my trance. I smiled and waved to everyone as I accepted my huge trophy and medals for football and track.

"Would you like to say a few words to everyone Chris?"

"Sure." I grabbed the microphone. "Thanks everyone who has believed in me and has helped me become the athlete that I am today. I am immensly grateful to each and everyone of you who has helped me throughout my journey of football and track. Whoo! Let's kick some ass at our last game this week Hills High!" I laughed as I held my trophy with one hand in the air. The crowd started cheering again and a girl threw a notepad at me with her number in it.

"Thanks Chris for that uh...interesting speech. Very inspirational." The speaker laughed as she picked up the notepad and the crowd began to laugh as well.

"No probs." I smirked and walked backstage.