Chapter 4 - Cracking Ice and Flickering Flames

Beep.

Me:

[I love you.]

Oops! I slipped!

Beep.

Gabriel:

[I love you too.]

Ehhh??? O///O

Beep.

Gabriel calling... Answer, or decline?

I pressed answer.

Me:

[...]

Beep.

Gabriel:

[...]

Beep.

...awkward silence...

Beep.

Me:

[So...why did you call?] I said coldly.

Beep.

Gabriel:

[Xyrene, look behind you.]

Beep.

OH. MY. GOSH. My phone slipped from my hands as I sat frozen on my bed. Gabriel is in my room?! Wearing only a t-shirt and jeans!

"Gabriel, what are you doing here?" I asked, unable to hide the shock and happiness in my voice. But then, my attention went to my charred window. "You burned my window!"

Beep.

"I'm here, for you... And there's no other peaceful way into your house," he said indifferently.

Beep.

"What?"

Beep.

"You have 1 minute and 42 seconds left. Choose: be mine forever, or I'll never show myself to you again. 1 minute and 36 seconds left."

Beep.

"Why the hell are you asking me that, Gabriel!"

Beep.

"You said you love me, and I was waiting for a long time..."

Beep.

"I was confused!"

Beep.

"Do you hate me?"

Beep.

"No! But...I need to think."

Beep.

Why is my heart beating so fast?

"I don't hate you. I think, I..."

Beep. Thump-thump.

"What? Time is running. 8 seconds."

Beep. Thump-thump.

"I...l-love you," I stuttered and he stared at me like crazy.

Beep. 3.

Beep. 2.

"I will be with you, forever," I said firmly as I met his burning gaze.

Beep. 1.

He smirked, "Time's up." His eyes gleamed and he kissed me on the lips.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!! BEEP!!!

BLAAGGGHHH!!!

Ouch! My skull hurts like hell. How did I get on the floor? My alarm.is still ringing! [dismiss] Am I going crazy?! Oh. Everything was just a dream. But where did all that come from?! And most of all: WHY DID I DREAM OF HIM?!?! IN THAT KIND OF SITUATION!!! I really need to see a psychiatrist soon.