Chapter 5

*Hermione POV*

Rubbing my eyes and yawning, I slowly sat up in bed. I hopped out of my bed and walked to my window.

I pulled the scarlet curtains back and sunlight came filtering through. I smiled at the sight of the grounds. It was the start of September, obviously, so all vegetation and greenery had turned amber and orange.

I turned away from the pretty sight and walked to my wardrobe.

If I wanted to have a shower, I would have to hurry up and get in or the others would wake up. Ginny had the tendency to hog the bathroom for ages.

Today, I wanted to wear something sophisticated yet 'daring', as Ginny put it.

I immediately visualised the outfit in my head and smiled. I opened my wardrobe and skipped through all my clothes, the modest ones and the skimpy ones.

The blouse I was looking for was sitting right at the back of my wardrobe. It was a crisp white, full sleeved blouse...

I know what you're thinking, how was that 'daring'?

Well, I bought that blouse about a year ago, just as the war finished. I bought it in case of any official ministry meetings I would have to go to or any press conferences, after all I was apart of the golden trio.

The blouse was forgotten because I didn't need to use it for months. When the time finally came to use it, I had forgotten about it and bought another.

Obviously, the newly bought one was worn more often and eventually it wore out. My mum threw it away and I didn't need to buy another because after that, I had no more meetings or conferences.

Well the day Ginny threw all my clothes out of my trunk, trying to find an outfit, the blouse flew out and I finally remembered it.

However, because I bought it a year ago, it was tight fitting on me. It was the right length but it hugged my body. It also showed of a little cleavage but not too much, as to lose my dignity and self respect. That's why it was so daring. Phew, life story over.

I held onto the blouse and then proceeded in trying to find a skirt. I hummed under my breath and found just the perfect one.

A black skirt that reached just above my knees. It was long enough to make me look sophisticated but it also showed a great deal of my legs and some thigh.

I smirked to myself, trying to gauge the ferrets expression when he saw me. I picked up my clothes and walked to the bathroom swiftly.

I locked the door behind me and walked to the sink. I started brushing my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror, cringing at my hair.

Granted that it was no longer a frizzy bush but now shiny chocolate brown curls that fell down my back, my bed hair still wasn't the prettiest sight.

I finished brushing and stripped down, getting ready for my shower. My morning showers were the only time I had to really reflect so it was important that I had them, it was the only thing that kept me sane!

I stepped into the shower and turned the tap to adjust the temperature. The water hit my body and I sighed, enjoying the feeling.

I closed my eyes and tried to reflect on the past few days. It was currently Thursday.

Monday was the day we came back to Hogwarts. Tuesday we were assigned our rooms and obviously my... special encounter with Malfoy. Yesterday, Wednesday, I befriended Theodore Nott. Quite a week.

I lathered some shampoo in my hair, trying to focus and achieve some 'inner peace'.

I kept remembering the encounter with the ferret all week. We didn't talk or interact after that which wasn't helping my seducing goals. I just needed some time alone with him to actually achieve something but I highly doubted that would happen.