Chapter 6

*Hermione's POV*

I sighed as the hot water from my morning shower hit me. Finally! It was Friday! I smiled and enjoyed my shower a little more.

When I finished, I hopped out of the shower and cast a drying charm on myself as usual before putting on my clothes.

Today, I opted for a pair of black skinny jeans and a white top with sleeves that reached my elbows and little black bows decorating it.

As I was about to leave the bathroom, I spared a look at my forearm, which was on display. I sighed softly, looking at the word.

Mudblood.

I remembered that fateful day like it was yesterday. It haunted me. Her face, leaning over me with a grizzly grin. But more importantly, HIS face.

I remembered his face like no other. He looked like he was about to cry. He looked so conflicted and scared that I just couldn't get it out of my mind.

I remember hoping he would come and help or do something but I knew he couldn't. He was trying to save his family and he couldn't go directly up against the dark Lord.

The scar hadn't faded one bit but I usually put a concealment charm on it. But not today. I wouldn't put on a glamour charm on it. I would stand with pride.

I smiled at my sudden internal outburst and walked out of the bathroom. I was surprised to see Ginny and Harry already waiting out there.

I sat down next to Ginny while Harry was on Ginny's other side.

"'Mione, are you coming to watch quidditch tryouts?" Harry asked happily.

"Erm... when is it?" I asked.

"Well we have to go to our first two lessons and after that, the whole school is dismissed from all other lessons to come and try out or spectate" he explained.

"Then of course I'll come!" I grinned.

"I'm trying out too!" Ginny smiled. "And I know I'll get the place" she added smugly.

"Of course Gin" I said, patting her arm and rolling my eyes while chucking. "What position?"

"Chaser" she replied airily.

"Cool" I said simply.

"Why don't you try out?" Ginny asked suddenly.

"Pffffft No. I hate flying, remember?" I asked.

"But still!" Ginny persisted.

"No thanks. I think I'll sit this one out Gin" I laughed.

She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed louder.

"Oh gods. Malfoy is still in there!" Harry breathed.

"Where?" I asked.

"The shower. He got in like 45 minutes ago and he doesn't get out. He takes forever in the shower! Luckily, I already took my shower before he woke up because we all need to take a shower before quidditch" Harry explained.

Just then, Theo came out of his room, wearing a bathrobe and clutching a set of clothes. He was steaming as he walked up to the bathroom door.

"Draco! Hurry the fuck up man! We need to get to breakfast soon and then be out on the field for quidditch after 2 hours" he groaned, banging a fist on the door.

"Shut up you sod, I'm coming out soon. Jeez" came a voice from the bathroom.

"Wanker" Theo shot back.