Chapter 7

*Hermione POV*

It was Sunday morning and I was sitting in the common room, Luna and Ginny by my sides.

Yesterday was spent just reading and being lazy to be honest. I was obviously studying at the same time though.

Even though I was trying to achieve this 'goal' I had to keep my priorities straight. Thanks Ron.

I smiled as Harry walked out of his room, meaning that we could finally go to breakfast. Theo walked out of his room half a second later with a hoodie on.

He yawned and took a seat opposite us. He rubbed his eyes and said 'morning' to us tiredly.

"Good morning Theo" Luna said dreamily. "Sleep well?"

Theo stopped rubbing his eyes and looked at her suspiciously, curious as to why she was talking to him. "Very well, thank you" he said stiffly.

"Since when did you talk to us?" Harry asked, eyebrows furrowed while a frown was upon his face.

"Since I came out of my room and sat on this very couch just over a minute ago. Get with the program Potter" he sneered.

Harry rolled his eyes and Ginny sniggered. I grinned and shook my head while Luna sat still, unfazed.

"Who are you waiting for Theo?" I asked.

"Draco" he answered simply, shrugging.

"Oh okay" I said.

We all sat in an awkward silence, staring at the floor to avoid any more awkwardness.

"What's that on your hand Theo?" Luna asked suddenly.

Theo looked down at the hand she was referring to. He looked up at her, wearing an emotionless face.

We all looked at his hand and on the conjunction where his thumb and wrist met, there was very small lettering.

"that's my tattoo... how did you see it? It's tiny" he said.

Luna simply shrugged. "I tend to notice small things" she said dreamily. "Carpe Diem" she read.

Theo's eyebrows shot up. "...yeah"

Me, Ginny and Harry watched the exchange with interest. It was quite funny how Theo was so fazed by her behaviour. He also looked very cautious, like he didn't really want to talk to her.

"What the fuck are you wearing on your ears Lovegood?" He asked, eyebrows scrunched with confusion.

Luna was wearing her radish earrings again.

"Oh, they're actually charms like my locket. My locket keeps the nargles away but my earrings are very special" she explained dreamily.

She leaned across the couch to Theo, who shuffled away timidly. "My earrings repel nyper sprites" she whispered.

Theo had a fake coughing fit and moved away from her, muttering something about crazy people. Luna, however, didn't seem to notice anything was off and leaned back, smiling to herself like always.

"We better go to breakfast then" Ginny spoke. Luna nodded silently and stood up.

"Yeah c'mon I'm hungry" Harry said.

"Merlin Harry, you sound like Ron" I giggled while we all walked out of the room.

We all laughed and walked down to the hall. I silently ate some cereal, watching my best friends converse.

I felt like someone was watching me and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up. Cold blue eyes met mine.

He winked at me and I cringed internally. Damien Gray was trying to flirt with me. I gave, correction tried to give, him a small smile which turned out to be more of a grimace.