Misery [Nick's P.O.V.]

Decided to make this a short story instead of prolonging it. It would be pointless to make it any longer, so this is the final chapter. Hope you all enjoy it. Thanks for the support. Happy Reading :) Check out the video on the side ----> it's how Nick feels for Cameron.

Love,

Rosie B.

P.S. Hope everyone has a very merry christmas 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I watched her pregnant form walk out the airport with that lucky bastard hanging onto her side. That should be my kid she was carrying and me clutching onto her like my life depended on it. However, it wasn’t and it never would be.

These past few years, I have been beating myself up, regretting every decision I made.

Why did I leave her on the beach that night?

I was so angry that she turned me down that I just could not look or speak to her and I let time come between us, which resulted in me marrying the wrong woman. I should have gone back and beg her for her love, but I walked away, not even sparing her a glance. Don’t get me wrong, I love Maria, a lot. She really has been an amazing wife. She’s matured a whole lot and isn’t the snooty little girl she used to be. I guess starting a family does that to you. Or, maybe she saw how easily Cam could have taken me from her, so she quickly fixed herself up. Whatever reason she chose to change, she is amazing now but I can’t help but compare everything she does to Cam. Constantly causing myself to suffer more.  

Which makes me feel all the worse. I am trying to give her what has already been taken and that’s unfair to the both of us.

I do not deserve the love Maria gives to me, but like the selfish man I am, I take it anyway. I rather take her love, then not be loved at all.

The ringer of my phone interrupted my thoughts, I looked down to see it was Maria calling.

“Yes Maria?” I answered, bored.

“Hey baby.” She answered back, not noticing my tone of voice. “Are you back in town yet? I really miss you.”

“Yeah, I’m on my way home now.” I ended the call before she said I love you. I didn’t want to have to say it back, not in my current mood.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Pulling up to my house, I paid the taxi driver, grabbed my bags and got out. I watched the yellow cab disappear around the corner, trying to prolong the time before I have to face Maria.

‘Geez, why couldn’t she hate me? Maybe then I could actually find a reason to leave her.’ I thought as I walked up to the door. She opened it up before I could reach the handle.

“Nick!” She jumped into my arms. I held her as I walked in, kicking the door shut. “I missed you so much.” She mumbled into my neck.

“I missed you too love.” I lied as I sat her back on her feet. She started kissing on my neck, causing my hormones to kick in. “Maria.” I groaned, causing her to pull back to and smile at me.

“Nick, make love to me.” I picked her up, taking her to the bedroom, kissing her the whole way.

As things got all hot and heavy, I reached for the nightstand to grab a condom out the drawer. She placed her hand on my forearm to stop me. “No, no condoms Nick. I want to get pregnant.” she smiled at me. “I want to have your baby.” Nodding my head, I continued making love to my wife.

Looking down only to see a smiling Cameron staring back at me.