II

Emmett doesn't know much by the time lunch started. All he does know is the new student, the new hot student, isn't human. She walks in the classroom like she owns the place, but Emmett knows there is something off about her. It takes awhile but Emmett realizes the new student, Lou she had said in some sort of accent, doesn't have a heartbeat. He has to get up to sharpen his pencil so he can get close enough to realize it and once Emmett figures it out he almost drops his pencil in the trash. After that Emmett can't stop looking at her, not that she is hard on the eyes. She doesn't look like a vampire, which bothers Emmett a little because if she isn't human or a wolf, then what is she? There are no dark circles under her green eyes, there isn't a fluidity in her movements that vampires possess because they are more humanlike and jerky. There is no way this girl is a vampire. But she doesn't look or smell like a wolf either, she smells sweet not like wet dog.

"So because she smells different you don't think she's human?" Rosalie snorts, rolling her eyes.

"She doesn't have a heart beat, which you would have heard if you weren't playing with your hair." Emmett shoots back. He loves Rose, he really does, but sometimes he really wants to throw her out a window.

"What is she then? If you are such an expert?" Rosalie stares at Emmett like he is dirt beneath her feet. Definitely throwing her out of a window. Emmett thinks to himself, completely done with her attitude today. Across the table Edward bursts into laughter after hearing Emmett's thoughts. Rosalie looks between her boyfriend and Emmett who is looking pleased with himself.

"What does she even look like? If you don't think she's human we should keep a look out for her." Alice sighs, wanting the arguing to end. It's not that she doesn't mind the occasional debate but this is ridiculous.

"She looked like Edward. A hotter, female Edward." Emmett looks around at his family's skeptical eyes. He understands though, it does sound far fetched. There is a moment of silence at the table before a small grunt of disbelief escapes Jasper's mouth.

Walking across the cafeteria is a hotter, female version of Edward. She has long, loose copper curls that clash with her pale skin. The combination makes her green eyes stand out, even across the room. As she gets closer the individual features became more clear and her beauty gets more apparent. At varying speeds the Cullens flick their eyes between the girl and Edward. Emmett's initial judgement isn't too far off, they do look alike, but more as siblings than genderbent versions of each other. Edward has more of a square shaped face, and the girl has more of an angular face. While she passes their table, the Cullens are bombarded with a sweet aroma, sweet like fresh flowers coated in honey and sugar. For as sickeningly sweet as it is, it isn't unpleasant in the slightest. But Emmett is right, the new girl isn't human.

~

Leucosia knows the vampires will be problem. Not only they will be a problem when she feeds, they will be a constant danger to her. She didn't realize until she got here there are vampires and wolves in the town. Leucosia knows she can't keep herself a secret for long, especially from the vampires, so creativity in attracting meals will be harder than usual. The vampires, she suspects, already know about her not being human.

Leucosia knows she will have to be more careful picking her meals since Forks is a smaller town and she's being watched by other supernatural beings. There is probably a less likely chance she will be able to feed in the city, most likely she will have to travel to a larger city nearby. During lunch, she has learned, is a good time to catch people alone. There is a nice 2 stall bathroom that is away from the cafeteria, so she will be able to talk to someone uninterrupted for awhile. The more she knows about the people in this town, the easier it will be to narrow down potential meals.

When she enters the bathroom, Leucosia sees feet under a stall, which is exactly what she hoped for. She's done this countless times before, extracting information and gossip from people. She knows how manipulative it is, but it's necessary, so it doesn't bother her too much. Bussing herself in front of the mirror, she begins to sing so she can trap whoever was in the bathroom under her pull. The way it works is weird, and she never quite understood it. She knows whenever she sings people are attracted to it and are easy to manipulate. She just doesn't know why sirens have powerful song voices. Then again, why are the gods celebrated and worshipped for sitting on a mountain top all day?

Erase myself and let go,
Start it over again in Mexico
These friends, they don't love you
They just love the hotel suites, now

I don't care what you think,
As long as it's about me
The best of us can find happiness, in misery
I don't care what you think,
As long as it's about me
The best of us can find happiness, in misery

The girl comes out from the stall looking dazed. Leucosia knows she has her, but it is all about keeping up appearances though. She can't flat out ask what she wants to know because people do remember while under a siren's spell (if they make it out alive).

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't think anyone else was in here!" Leucosia feigns embarrassment.

"It's okay. You have an amazing voice. I'm Jessica, by the way." The girl talks in a light voice, she has a dreamy tone in her voice, like most do under the spell. "How are you liking it here so far?"

"I like it! The last town I lived in was huge, so it's definitely different. It's nicer since you get to know everyone."

"Small towns are nice like that. Everyone knows everyone. Not a lot of drama, which can get boring."

"Small town, everyone would hear about the drama? Couldn't have too many secrets right?"

"Yeah, everyone knows everything about everyone. Most of the time though people will look in the other direction if it makes them uncomfortable."

"Really? Like what?"

"One of the girls who goes here, Nichole, her dad beats her. Ever since the mom died. Everyone knows something is going on but no one has the balls to do anything about it. She'll deny it if you ask though."

"That's sad."

"Yeah. She's really sweet too."

"You should get back to class, don't want to miss anything too important right?"

"Right." Jessica turns still looking dazed and confused. She exits the bathroom walking slowly but does make her way back to class.

Leucosia likes her, very willing to gossip. She begins to think of ways she can go about this situation. On one hand she can force the information from Nichole or she can risk it not being entirely correct. Since she doesn't know who exactly this person is, there is defiantly some extra research needing to be done.