Δ

A couple hours later there's more knocking at the door. Honestly she should just start leaving it unlocked. Leucosia is expecting it to be Emmett, but it's actually a different vampire. It's the small one, Leucosia thinks her name is Alex, maybe?

"Um, hi. Can I come in?" Alex asks Leucosia kind of awkwardly. Leucosia lets her in, wondering why she's here. "I'm Alice, by the way." Alice, Leucosia was close.

"I'm Leucosia... you probably knew that already..." Leucosia scratches her head.

"I'm came because if Emmett can see the good in you and give you a chance then so can I." Alice rocks back and forth on her feet not knowing what else to say.

"Sweet, I was in the middle of a thing, you can help me if you want?" Leucosia gestures to the living room where there are pieces of paper scattered everywhere.

"Yeah totally, what are we doing?" Alice follows Leucosia into the room, taking a closer look at some of the papers.

"So I kind of have investments in a lot of brands, I've been around so long, I can get in with the founder and help them start up whatever they want for a small share of the brand. And I'm trying to get them all organized because I've been shoving them all in a folder, but it broke. So I'm putting them into an excel sheet, but I don't know how to use it?" Leucosia sits back down in front of her computer. She's never had to use this program before because she's never had to worry about the folder breaking. Well, that was before she broke it.

"Wait hold on. You have shares in this many brands?" Alice looks around at all the papers, some old, some older and some pretty new." She starts looking at some of them, and there's a couple she hasn't even heard of.

"I got new folders, one for active and one for inactive. But someone said I should use excel to see quickly how much money each make and stuff."

"This is how you make money?" Alice looks up from the pile of papers shocked.

"How did you think? I rob banks and live off of sugar daddies? I have some self respect, thank you." Leucosia scoffs, taking note that Alice didn't respond. So Leucosia was probably right. "Do you know how to use excel? This thing is worse than the labyrinth."

Alice trades places with Leucosia so she can start the excel sheet. She's shocked at some of the brands Leucosia has shares in. Slowly the mountain of paper is gone, filed away virtually and in folders.

"Why this? Why did you decide to do business?" Alice asks because the rest of the Cullens have a hard time doing anything for very long. "How do you even stay without people getting suspicious?"

"Well, you find the people who have new, small businesses or people who are trying to start one. After its up and running you don't really have to speak with the people very often. After enough time has passed, you say you are the daughter or granddaughter that inherited the share. It's pretty easy actually." Leucosia shrugs, she's done it so many times before.

"So this is what you do in your spare time?" Alice questions, wanting to get a good idea of who Emmett is willing to leave for. She understands where he's coming from though, because she left to find Jasper.

"Some of the time. I like watching television series but I don't like go around and steal candy from babies. I'm not evil, I just hang out here and mind my own damn business. I didn't even know there were wolves here until last week." Leucosia very much realizes she's just missing the cats and she's that person. It's kind of funny to her, though.

"You really aren't evil like we thought. No wonder Emmett has been so angry with us." Alice begins to wonder just how insufferable they've been to Emmett.

"I get it. You aren't comfortable with not knowing what's out there, so when you find something new it scares you. Especially something you didn't ever have to worry about being possible." Leucosia shrugs, there was a girl in a few towns back that screamed every time Leucosia went to feed. Literally every time, she would scream bloody murder and Leucosia couldn't feed because people would always show up at the last second. It was awful.

"What else is out there?" It bothers Alice when she can't have visions because of creatures she doesn't know about. She's can't have visions if she doesn't know and not knowing is the worst thing.

"A lot. Every culture has its monsters, its urban legends. I'm surprised with all your traveling you haven't come across anything else." Leucosia laughs, she's had numerous run ins with the Scottish dwarves.

~

"No way they are totally going home!" Alice almost snorts she is laughing so hard. "I mean I could do better than that!"

"Let's see it then!" Leucosia gets up and turns on a light. "Okay, do the shoot they just did." Leucosia watches Alice do a few poses and then a few outrages poses. "Congratulations Alice. You're still in the running to become America's Next Top Vampire."

"Wait so if I do the same thing you do with like business, could I become a model?" Alice asks after the episode is over.

"Oh Gods! It's so easy! You just have to go by different names, and then have a cooling off period. The longest I was able to was six years before people got really weird about how I still looked the same. Traveling the world too is always a good idea. I went from Russia to Sweden and then to Japan and was able to stay in the business." Leucosia had to step out of modeling because she was being recognized too much when she moved to new cities. She misses it, sort of. "I've done so much in my lifetime, it's crazy."

"What was it like to fly? Do you miss it?" Alice asks, she wonders what it's like. Having a part of you ripped away because of something that couldn't be helped. Alice is glad she doesn't remember her life before becoming a vampire because she'll never know what she missed. So she doesn't have to go through the pain Leucosia did.

"It was the most thrilling thing I've ever done, even to this day. Free falling made me feel like King Kong on cocaine, touching the clouds going almost a hundred miles an hour is something you can't ever replace. I've tried sky diving but I ended up crying for the rest of the week because it wasn't the same." Alice follows to where Leucosia was staring while she talked. It's a crown, a beautiful one made of grey feathers. Not grey like lead, but a light grey like the color of the sky on a cloudy day at the beach just after the sun rises. Alice realizes that those are Leucosia's feathers from her wings. How she obtained them is beyond Alice, she'll have to ask Emmett. Vaguely she thinks Leucosia is a masochist, keeping the one thing she can never get back close enough to look at every day and see what she can't have. Keeping her most prized possession as a reminder to do good and be good.

Alice understands now, why Leucosia is so focused on helping people with their business. She wants other people's dreams to live even if hers can't. Alice sees that Leucosia is a completely different person than any of the Cullens thought. And she sees why Emmett is so hung up on her.