ΔI

"Come with me." Hermes says from behind Leucosia, effectively scaring the living shit out of her. Leucosia doesn't need to ask why, she knows it's going to be about Emmett.

The halls of Olympus look the same as they did the last time Leucosia was here with her sisters. White marble everything. The floor, the walls, the pillars and columns are all marble. The only variations are the actual thrones the gods sit on. Zeus' is in the middle with everyone in a semi circle around the room. The gods are already there waiting for her, staring at her as she walks forward through the arch doorway. Leucosia walks to the beginning of the steps that lead down to the sunken walkway that lead to the thrones. The thrones themselves are elevated with a couple little steps going from the platform they are placed on to the walkway.

Leucosia really doesn't want to kneel, but she has to or Zeus might actually kill her where she stands. Which is tempting but that's not the way she wants to die. So she kneels, in her faded flannel pajama pants and tank top. She kind of wishes she was wearing a normal colored bra and not a freaking bright green one. But hey, they called the meeting at midnight her time, so it's their fault. Apollo gives her an encouraging smile when she stands back up, which makes her feel worse about being here.

"Do you know why we brought you here?" Zeus bristles, no doubt annoyed already. The entire meeting of the council was hard enough to organize, but because the entire siren fiasco is about to start again makes it worse. He already knows the chaos about to happen and it's making his head hurt before it's even started.

"No." Honestly this is the last place she wants to be right now.

"We brought you here because after 8,000 years of solitude, you have awakened the curse again." Leucosia tried her hardest not to laugh, but seriously? She's 'awakened the curse' like it was taking an afternoon nap.

"Did you bring me here for an apology?" The only thing Leucosia would apologize for is their stupidity.

"We brought you here because we wanted to know why you do this to yourself time and time again." Zeus tries to play it off as he's tired of her inconvincing them by even being there. Like she was dragged to Olympus to be scolded by her parents.

"Why I do this to myself?" Leucosia says the words slowly, drawing them out. And just like that, thousands of years worth of anger boils inside of her. "I'm not going to stand here and talk about the hypocrisy in that question. Do you really think I choose to put myself through the misery and anguish every time I fall in love, that I do this on purpose? Do you think I like knowing my loyalty and commitment gets people killed? You of all people should appreciate loyalty in a relationship, being the goddess of marriage." She looks blankly at Hera. Low blow? Definitely considering Zeus can't keep it in his pants, but you know what? Leucosia doesn't care anymore.

Zeus raises his eyebrows, obviously picking up on the double meaning. Leucosia address him next, "Go ahead and kill me if I offended you. I already know you're going to kill Emmett so I've got nothing to loose anymore. I'm done playing your games. I don't fall in love on purpose and I get that I'm being punished, I really do. I understand your anger even though you didn't understand mine."

"And that's suppose to make up for the fact you killed nine goddesses?" Hera yells. Leucosia isn't the biggest fan of Hera, but she's not a fool. She's not going to tell the two faced, conceded goddess that killing them was the most merciful action they could have taken. Her sisters wanted to cut their tongues out and cripple their legs so they would have to live the rest of their existence missing what matters most to them, just like Leucosia and her sisters have to do. Even though the wings weren't theirs to begin with, once someone touches the clouds, nothing is ever the same. But killing nine goddesses? It makes Leucosia sound pretty cool.

"Hasn't she made up for it enough? If it was anyone else they would end up in Elysium! They would be praised. She made one mistake, but so have all the heroes that currently reside in Elysium." Apollo yells, outraged the other gods are letting their prejudice and hate control the actions they take. He learned a lot being human, but the most important thing he learned was to give the person a chance before deciding to hate them.

"You're saying we should praise her for killing nine goddesses?" Hera glares at him, daring him to keep arguing with her.

"No I'm saying if you look at her actions after killing them. Look at who she eats now, people would would end up in the Fields of Punishment or Tartarus. Look at how many charities and organizations she donates to!" Apollo continues on. Hera doesn't scare him and this entire mess is her fault too. She's the one that convinced the sirens to challenge the Muses.

"With illegal money!" Hera yells back, and Apollo fights not to snort at that because seriously? Now Hera wants to follow the rules? After what she did to the half bloods years back?

"With money that comes from bad people! Do you know how many people's lives she's saved?" He won't admit it, because he knows he's been kind of a terrible friend. He never visits, he never calls, he was so caught up in being a god again, he forgot who helped him. Then when he came to his senses he didn't know what to say. They've talked a few times but not recently.

"Yeah it's annoying." Hades grumbles from his seat.

"You can't ignore the good in favor of the bad!" Apollo presses on determined not to let it go.

"Shut up Apollo. Just because you two are buddies doesn't mean she gets a free pass. A punishment is a punishment." Hera almost screams, causing all the gods to look at her like she's lost her mind. They get why Apollo keeps pressing on the issue but they don't get why Hera is this heated about it.

"And a punishment is suppose to teach a lesson. She's learned her lesson." Apollo says calmly back at her.

"You really think she's learned her lesson?" Zeus raises his eyebrows. That's a big claim coming from Apollo and it would be on him if it turned out he was wrong.

"I see everything that goes on in the Earth. She's learned her lesson. She learned it a long time ago."

"Her and her little boyfriend are cute. I've been watching you two, very well done with that one." Aphrodite says gleefully like she's talking about her favorite soap opera.

"The planning that goes behind the high profile kills she does is pretty interesting. Zeus it's a waste to get rid of it." Athena slams her fist on her throne.

"She steals souls from me! Those souls she eats should be going to the underworld!" Hades sits up in his chair, those souls are his property as soon as they leave the body of the mortal. He didn't mind the sirens when they ate the body, but now that they eat the souls, Hades hates them.

"Do you know how much work it takes to transport all the souls? It makes my life a lot easier to not need to transport the ones she eats." Hermes argues back, he doesn't want or have time for more souls to transport.

"This is all irrelevant to me. I just want to go back to my forge." Hephaestus slouches in his chair board out of his mind.

"She technically is under my rule because her father is a river god under my domain. I sat back last time, Zeus, but not this time. She stays living." Poseidon grips his trident, the floor beneath his throne shaking from his anger. Thankfully no earthquakes on Earth were created from it.

"She wouldn't be in this mess her and her sisters had done their job right." Demeter sets her jaw angrily. She should have ripped their wings off herself as punishment for not finding her daughter. Now she only gets a limited amount of time a year to see Persephone.

"I said it all those years ago and I'll say it again. The way the Muses were killed was pretty bad ass and warriors like that are hard to come by." Ares was one of the only people to advocate her being able to live from the beginning. He doesn't care about music or dancing, he cares about fighting. And Leucosia fights well.

"Fine fine. Majority rules." Zeus waves his hand wanting this to be over. He doesn't need half of the Olympians being mad at him over this. He can deal with Hera, and Demeter is only angry because she can't see her kid. "The curse will be lifted. Your punishment is over, don't kill anymore gods."

Leucosia stands there shocked. She almost doesn't understand, the curse can be lifted? Just like that? Did Hypnos visit and she dreamed all of this? Leucosia blinks and she is back in her kitchen where she was when Hermes arrived.