Chapter seven

It’s evening when I get home and I’m exhausted.  

I’m still in shock that Harry asked me to grab drinks. What the hell was up with that? Obviously I said no because he’s my employer and I’ve known him for less than twenty four hours so he’s basically a complete stranger to me. But than again I talked to him a lot, more than I would have liked to and yes he was annoying but that’s the most personal human contact I’ve had in a really long time. 

I make myself dinner relieving some stress by making dinner of gourmet hamburger and sweet potato fries. Mum’s favorite. It takes about an hour to prepare it all so for an hour my mind is cleared of all stressful or annoyed thoughts as I focus on making my meal. I once considered being a chef. I love cooking a lot, but in the end I decided that I enjoyed art more than cooking so instead I just cook to relieve stress now. 

The house is silent as I eat my burger on the couch, so I turn on the TV which is playing the One Direction interview from earlier today. I consider watching it but end up turning it to a different channel and finishing my meal watching a rerun of Friends before taking a long hot shower. 

I change into my preferred outfit of sweat pants and a sweatshirt after the shower and tie my wet hair up into a ponytail taking the makeup off my face in the bathroom with a wet rag. This leaves dark makeup stains on the rag from the eyeliner and mascara. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I look utterly average again. There stands me, plain old Evan. 

Exiting the bathroom I make myself a cup of coffee and then going to sit down on the old velvet couch and pulling my sketchbook out. I take a sip of the coffee which gives me newfound energy and then flip to a new blank page in my sketchbook, pulling out a pencil and sharpening it. Though I’ve been trying to distract myself all night I can’t stop thinking about how Harry asked me out to drinks with him. I don’t know why he did. He called me bizarre and annoyed me the whole day and then suddenly out of now where asked me out for drinks. Was this normal? Am I just lacking social abilities or was he acting weird earlier?  

I stare at the blank white paper for a little while thinking, and then before I can stop myself I’m sketching his eyes. I can’t stop thinking about and now their appearing in front of me as I meticulously and carefully sketch them. They really are beautiful eyes. I shape them just like I see them in my imagination curving the eyelashes and the eyebrows and shading the eyelids. I’m on a roll here and so I continue to sketch, my pencil darts across the page frantically trying to capture the face. I draw his nose and his mouth and his dimple… his one dimple… and his perfect lips that turn upward in a friendly smile and then suddenly I’m drawing the hair. Curly dark hair that is perfect and messy at the same time. It sweeps over his forehead. 

Holy moley, I’ve just drawn Harry Styles. 

When I wake up on Wednesday morning, I know it means that I’m going back to work. 

My Tuesday had been as uneventful as ever which was of no real surprise to me. 

I’d woken up early and eaten the scones I’d made the day before. Then I stayed in sweatpants and didn’t outside for the whole day. I watched High FidelityTitanic, and Scream 4 (which is one of the weirdest movie assortments to watch back to back ever), and made myself some lunch. Then drew four a few hours and after that I went crazy and made about two dozen cupcakes for no reason at all. Just another day in the ever so exciting life of Evangeline Rae Turner. Much of the day was me trying to distract myself from the fact that the night before I’d sketched of Harry Styles. 

I can’t imagine what came over me to draw such a detailed picture of a boy I don’t even like. I’ve known him for one day for God’s sake! Why did I draw a portrait of him for three hours? I must have had a really long day or had a stroke or something. There is no logical explanation for why I would do such a thing. This was the act of a stalker or a crazy fangirl, not me!