Chapter twenty-seven

The rest of the night is surprisingly nice. 

While the guys are in interviews I listen to music and doodle and talk with Lou and Tom and play with Lux. Jon, Josh, Sandy and Dan stop by for a little while before heading to their dressing room. When Niall, Louis, Zayn, Harry and Liam come back changed into their stylish concert clothes for touchups. This time I do touchups for Liam and Louis.

“Are you going to watch the show tonight?” Louis asks me as I pull out hairspray.

“Cover your eyes,” I tell him which he does, and I spray his quiff into place “Yeah maybe a for a while,” I tell him, not actually sure of my plans, “I’ve never seen you preform live before so might as well.” 

“You’ll probably be sick of all of our songs once the albums done!” Louis tells me honestly.

I nod, “Oh most definitely,” I agree with him smiling.

Once we’re done with touchups, Lou excuses me and goes back to the bus with Lux and Tom. I head out to the audience with Paul and go to our pre saved seats which are perfectly located in the middle of the floor area. 

The opening acts are fairly boring and forgettable and preform too many songs. In reality all the fans want is to see One Direction preform. I think about Willa and Natalie and how excited they must be right now. 

When One Direction get on stage, the crowd goes wild. Like animalistic wild. The screams are so loud and concentrated, I feel dizzy. I almost walk out right then but I stop myself. Around me girls are screaming and crying and basically going insane over the five very attractive but also very normal guys standing on stage. As Jon, Sandy, Jon and Josh begin playing the opening sound, the sound blares loudly from the speakers. And then they start singing. And they sound great. 

Since I don’t know any of their songs I can’t sing along and I’ve never been much of a dancer. However all of the songs are pretty catchy and I do enjoy just listening to their voices. All 5 are very distinct. Liam’s is strong, Niall’s is fun, Louis is unique, Zayn’s is soulful and Harry’s is beautiful. They joke with each other on stage. It’s honestly very entertaining. What I love most though is seeing how much fun they’re having on stage. All of them seem so passionate and thankful. 

When the show ends it’s very hectic and there’s even more crying then there was at the beginning of the show. 

Backstage there is a a “first concert” party going on, complete with with champaign and beer. I wait for Josh, Sandy, Dan and Jon and when they’re finally done we all decide that it’s time to go back to the bus. 

“Evan wait up!” Harry yells after me, stopping me right before I leave, “So did you like it?” Harry asks grinning beer in hand. 

“Yeah it was great… you were great,” I tell him honestly, smiling, “Good job. It was actually better than I thought it would be.”

“Thanks?” Harry says laughing at my backhanded compliment, “I’m really glad you liked it,”

“You coming Evan?” Sandy yells to me, waiting with Dan by the exit door.

“Yeah I’ll be right there!” I yell back, giving them the thumbs up. I turn back to Harry, “So I’m kind of tired and deaf and I think we’re going back to the hotel so I’ll see you tomorrow” I tell him turning to leave. And then something comes over me and I turn back to face him and hug him. And he hugs me back, seeming a little bit surprised. It isn’t a long and lingering hug or anything but it’s nice and safe. “Goodnight Harry,” I say pulling away and walking over to where Sandy and Dan are waiting for me.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Evan,” Harry calls after me.