PETE: God, Patrick is Gonna Kill Me

"So how'd you meet Flora and Renee?" I asked Lilly as we walked to the car.

"I met them at college. We all shared a dorm room. At first I wasn't really fond of them, but after a while they started growing on me. What about you, how did you meet Joe and Brendon?"

"Well," I started, "Joe and I met in high school. We were in a few bands together, then we met Patrick, my roommate, and we asked if he wanted to be in a band. So we met up at his house one night and we pretty much started a band right then. A few years later we picked up a guy named Andy, also a friend of mine, to play drums for us. Our band was known as Fall Out Boy. The band broke up about three years ago due to a declining fan base. And Brendon I met around 2004 when he came to me about a record deal. He's also in a band, his is still together and writing music. He's in a band called Panic! At the Disco. They're all pretty chill once you get to know them."

Before we knew it, we were at the car. I opened the passenger door for Lilly and made sure she was in and situated before I closed the door and walked to the other side of the car and got in myself. After I buckled and turned the car on, I looked up and saw Lilly staring at me smiling.

"What?" I asked. "Do I have food on my face?"

"No, trust me if you did I would have already licked it off. That's just who I am. I'm staring at you because you're such a gentleman. You really know how to treat a woman. I think I might be catching feelings for you."

"Are you saying you love me?"

"Well, I guess you could say that. I love you Pete."

"I love you too Lilly. I have to say, I'm glad Brendon ran into you and your friends at the park this morning."

We finally arrived at Lilly's apartment. I got out and opened her door to let her out. I decided I would be a gentleman and walk with her up to her apartment. We got to her door and she turned and looked at me after opening the door.

"Pete, I have had one of the best days of my life tonight. I feel so lucky to have met you. I would be honored to have you come in and sit for a while." Lilly told me and I stared at her in amazement. I looked into her apartment at the clock to check the time. It was only 11:00, so I thought what the hell. Thought an hour or so wouldn't hurt.

"I would love to come sit and talk with you for a couple hours."

"Great, I can't wait to get to know you." We finally went in the apartment and we sat down on her couch in her living room and started talking.

"So," Lilly began, "what do you do for a job now that your band broke up?"

"Well, the guys and I decided to start a news show. It airs live weekday mornings at 6:30. I'm the sports anchor since I'm the most athletic out of the four of us. What about you, what do you do?"

"I'm a personal accountant at the Bank of Chicago. I work at the branch by the apartment, it's just a few blocks from here. It's a pretty decent job, but I mean it should be since that is what I went to school for. So have you lived in Chicago your whole life?"

"Mostly. I was born in Wilmette and that's where I grew up. Then a while after the band started getting big, I moved to LA, but after the break up I moved back to Chicago to do the news show." At some point during the course of me talking Lilly had moved closer to me without me realizing she had. She was sitting right next to me, pressing against me. She had her head leaned on my shoulder and her arms wrapped around me.

"You know Pete, no one has ever made me feel the way you make me feel. Ever since I saw you earlier this evening, I have felt instantly happier with my life. And I know it may seem fast but I can honestly say I love you Pete."

"Lilly, I can also honestly say that I love you too."

"Really? So I hope this won't make you feel uncomfortable, but I want to show you something. Wait here on the couch, I'll call you in when I get it ready."

"Okay Lilly. I'll wait." And with that she kissed my cheek and went into her bedroom.