AN ECLECTIC TASTE IN ART

SHE IS A YOUNG GODDESS / with her dazzling eyes / and eclectic taste in art / and she is strong within / the black holes of her bones / underneath her white robes / with just the right amount of creases / and olive branches / rain over her head / like confetti / and she wonders / how one can possibly be so flawless / cut from marble / shaped by the hands of  Zeus himself / and she's ONE OF THE DIVINE / and her name is only whispered / by those who fear the mighty / and she's a young goddess / and she is of art / the gardens of Olympus /  but her eyes hold greed / and she only dies / after you murder her pride.

HE IS A YOUNG GOD / and he fears no other but the night skies / under which he prowls / with the grace of a mortal / and the power of the divine / he has a blessed face / and his veins hold gold / and he wonders / when art became such a tragedy / he is one of the divine / one who prays to the feeling of blood / wearing thin on his hands / and he is addicted to glory / as it tastes like nicotine / and he is made up of the constellations / that litter the sky / and he is told / that he is just like them / he likes being / what he is not / and in these midnight hours / it brings him immense pleasure / he is one who carries pride / in his pockets / so it doesn't slip / like it is supposed to.

·
August 10, 2016
·
a first attempt at this style of poetry. an attempt.

dedicated to @achillean for being such an inspiration.