NOSTALGIA ON YOUR TONGUE

i'm sitting here trying to write some really sappy, drippy poetry that people enjoy reading. they like to feel the soft words bend and melt on their tongues. i like that too. correction : i liked that too.

i am gone. i am in another place. i don't miss the place i just miss you and i know that this will turn into a ramble with all kinds of angular sounds and words like the sharp tips of kitchen knives but it's true it is it is it is.

yes.

you remember how we were acting all arched and out of time down in your house? remember how you were flipping the marinated chicken and i was laughing at something you said? i was laughing so hard i cried. what you said wasn't really that funny, i was just addicted to your company.

you remember how our feet left the creased sheets of your bed when we fought with pillows? remember you said, "hide! hide! there's a monster!" and we screamed although we weren't screaming we were just laughing. remember how you wrapped your head in the translucent curtains and tried to act all scary but the problem was that you didn't have red hands.

remember how we were all kinds of diverse tired that night when we lay, the three of us tangled in the sheets of your soft bed (god, i was going to feel so holy in those sheets) and the disco ball cast glitter like little stars upon the aesthetic walls? remember how i said some words that you never did comprehend?

remember how you called the last day on that trashy flip phone? remember how you told me that we were always going to be a family even if i lived all the way across the deep deep deep and blue, so blue ocean? remember how you told me that i made better cake than you? and i laughed and said that it wasn't true? who makes better cake than your godly taste of heaven?

GOD, I REMEMBER ALL THIS. DO YOU? PLEASE TELL ME I AM DYING TO KNOW. TELL ME IF YOU FEEL THE MEMORIES SLEEPING IN YOUR BONES LIKE, JUST HIBERNATING FOR A WHILE. TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME.

TELL ME KNOW, DO YOU LIKE THIS NOSTALGIA ON YOUR TONGUE? DO YOU CRY? 

-oh, because you make better cake than me